Dwayne Dietrich

mcf5485 GPIO Linux Driver

Discussion created by Dwayne Dietrich Employee on Mar 31, 2006
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2006 by HAIXIN HU
This message contains an entire topic ported from the WildRice - Coldfire forum.  Freescale has received the approval from the WildRice administrator on seeding the Freescale forum with messages.  The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value as you search for answers to your questions.  Freescale assumes no responsibility whatsoever with respect to Posted Material.  For additional information, please see the Terms of Use - Message Boards and Community Forums.  Thank You and Enjoy the Forum!


Mar 17, 2006, 12:51 PM

Post #1 of 6 (28 views)
Copy Shortcut
[ColdFire] mcf5485 GPIO Linux Driver Can't Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I am using Freescale 2.6.10 PCS Linux and the Logic
5485EVB and would like to get the leds and pushbuttons
hooked to GPIO working. Freescale has not done any
work on a gpio driver yet and I'm wondering if anyone
out there has that would be willing to share...

Thanks!
Tom

Mar 17, 2006, 2:01 PM

Post #3 of 6 (28 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: [ColdFire] mcf5485 GPIO Linux Driver [In reply to] Can't Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> >I am using Freescale 2.6.10 PCS Linux and the Logic
> >5485EVB and would like to get the leds and
> pushbuttons
> >hooked to GPIO working. Freescale has not done any
> >work on a gpio driver yet and I'm wondering if
> anyone
> >out there has that would be willing to share...
>
> Look at the Logic LinuxBSP for the 5485EVB. It has
> a driver that
> let's you get to the LED's on the EVB...
>
> --
> Peter Barada
> peter@the-baradas.com
>

I thought the Logic BSP was for a 2.4.x kernel. Will
the driver work with the 2.6.10 kernel I am using?

Thanks,
Tom

Mar 17, 2006, 2:46 PM

Post #4 of 6 (28 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: [ColdFire] mcf5485 GPIO Linux Driver [In reply to] Can't Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


>I thought the Logic BSP was for a 2.4.x kernel. Will
>the driver work with the 2.6.10 kernel I am using?

I'm not sure, but it can't hurt to look it over...

--
Peter Barada

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 17, 2006, 3:00 PM

Post #5 of 6 (28 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: [ColdFire] mcf5485 GPIO Linux Driver [In reply to] Can't Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter,
I checked through the source and don't see the driver
file for coldfire gpio. I see an au1000 gpio driver
which I have used before in another life but nothing
for the 5485 in the drivers/char directory. Do you
know what the filename is or even device name so I can
grep?

Thanks,
Tom


Mar 17, 2006, 4:03 PM

Post #6 of 6 (28 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: [ColdFire] mcf5485 GPIO Linux Driver [In reply to] Can't Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


>I checked through the source and don't see the driver
>file for coldfire gpio. I see an au1000 gpio driver
>which I have used before in another life but nothing
>for the 5485 in the drivers/char directory. Do you
>know what the filename is or even device name so I can
>grep?

IIRC its in example/driver/fire-engine-leds.c as an example of
building a driver module outside of the kernel source tree. The
example app in example/app/example-led-app.c invokes the LED driver to
turn on/off/blink/flash the LEDs on the EVB, or the single LED on the
Lite baseboard.

--
Peter Barada

Message Edited by Dietrich on 03-31-2006 03:22 PM

Message Edited by Dietrich on 03-31-2006 03:35 PM

Message Edited by Dietrich on 04-01-2006 11:18 AM

Message Edited by Dietrich on 04-01-2006 11:20 AM

Message Edited by Dietrich on 04-04-2006 09:19 PM

Outcomes