cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 56800/E V 7.2

fireman
Contributor I
Hello CW's,

I'm triying to setup a demo for a customer with the boards APMOTOR568000 and the DEMO56F8013, the JTAG-DSP interface AXM-0337 and the above mentioned CW revision using the bdlc_hall_pesl.mcp project.
After installation and first start I got the message from the wWindows system tray: CodeWarrior: "parallel port open failed (invalid port number?)" Seems to come from the Parallel Port Init program in the startup folder.
When try to start the debugger I get the message: CCSProtocolPlugin: "Unknown protocol error" but I think this comes from above.
Any good ideas?

Regards
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

steel_tig
Contributor I
Hello fireman,

Do you use your parallel port for something else?  I get this message: CCSProtocolPlugin: "Unknown protocol error" when I forget to disable a background app. that poll the port for an external device.

Regards
steel-tig
0 Kudos

fireman
Contributor I

Hello steel-tig,

Thanks for your reply! I'm using a Toshiba 6100 Series Laptop without any add-on cards. It was the BIOS. Please see below...

Best Regards

Fireman

-----Original Message-----

Hi Marno,

The Command Converter/Server attempts to get it's parallel port information from the BIOS of your computer. Sometimes this process won't work, for instance if you are using and add-on card, or if your BIOS is simply incompatible. In these instances the port address must be set manually.

Pre 7.2 version of Hybrid will require a patch. If you have 7.2 or later, skip to step 3.

1) Go into your existing Hybrid installation folder and back up the CCS folder so you can put things back to where they are now later if you want.

2) Unzip this file and overwrite your current CCS installation with it.

3) Run CW and try to debug to your DSP board connected to the PCI parallel port. It will fail as expected.

4) Right click on the CCS icon in your SysTray and select Show CCS Console.

5) at the prompt, type: delete all

...then press [ENTER], then type: config cc lpt:0x<address of your parallel port

For instance, if you're card is at ECF8, type: config cc lpt:0xECF8 [ENTER]

If you don't know the address of your parallel port, you can find out in Window's hardware settings. On Windows 2000, go to:

Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Hardware(tab)->Device

Manager->Ports

You will see your parallel port here. Double-click on it and go to the Resources tab. The first Input/Output address listed is the address to give CCS. Mine is 0378. It may be different for your setup. Try to debug. It should now work. If it does, execute this final command to save your current CCS settings:

config save [ENTER]

This will write out the settings to a config file, which will be automatically loaded by CCS for future debugging sessions.

Regards,

Scott Mauer

Codewarrior Embedded Support

0 Kudos

Spongeman
Contributor I
Hello fireman,

I have the same problem with you. TOSHIBA laptop ,CCS error...
and I'm trying to follow your reply message for troubleshooting,
but I found it seems need an attached file. 

I need ur advise...

Best Regards
Sponge man   
0 Kudos

fireman
Contributor I

Hello Sponge Man,

if you are missing the V7.3 update file you can download it here: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=56800-E-DSC-UPDATES&parentCode=null&n...

Best Regards

Fireman

0 Kudos

bade
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to use the CodeWarrior on a TOSHIBA laptop and I can't make the parallel port work. I get the same messages that Fireman says above. Do I really need the atualization patch for version 7.3? I can't get it!! The first time I requested the download the software_download_admin@freescale.com passed me a wrong link and in the second time I requested, he rejected it!!! Could someone pass me the file?

0 Kudos