ADC_LDD and PDB component working together ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC_LDD and PDB component working together ?

Jump to solution
mkrug
Contributor II

Hello,

I figured out that you can not directly use a FTM block to trigger an ADC. It has to be done by a PDB (or PIT, RTC which I have not tried yet).

Did someone has successful implement the ADC_LDD and PDB_Init component to work together. All the examples that are distributed uses ADC_Init and PDB_Init to get them work together. However, then your are loosing all the Methods that make live easier to work with the ADC.

Best Regards

Markus

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

in FTM there are additional bits that enables the trigger output. See EXTTRIG register for details. However from your issue is not clear if you are using Init_FTM or TimerUnit_LDD with FTM device selected to trigger the ADC.

In case of Init_FTM, there should be no issue if you enable appropriate bits.

In case of TimerUnit_LDD the EXTTRIG register must be additionalt initialiazed in the user code - this is known issue, it should be resolved within CW V10.3.

Regarding ADC_LDD and Init_PDB example, I will try to search some example if exists, otherwise we will try to prepare it for you.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

in FTM there are additional bits that enables the trigger output. See EXTTRIG register for details. However from your issue is not clear if you are using Init_FTM or TimerUnit_LDD with FTM device selected to trigger the ADC.

In case of Init_FTM, there should be no issue if you enable appropriate bits.

In case of TimerUnit_LDD the EXTTRIG register must be additionalt initialiazed in the user code - this is known issue, it should be resolved within CW V10.3.

Regarding ADC_LDD and Init_PDB example, I will try to search some example if exists, otherwise we will try to prepare it for you.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
fitch
Contributor I

I also would like to understand how to make the ADC_LDD component work with Init_PDB. I cannot seem to get the ADC to trigger using PDB.

0 Kudos
robriggs
Contributor II

Has this been fixed in the latest PEx?

0 Kudos