Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same PIT for ADC trigger A and ADC trigger B

Jump to solution
emilien
Contributor III

Hi,

I don't get why it's not possible. Processor expert complains that "Pins with shared control must be set identically", which I don't understand very well... Could somoene explain this message more clearly? If it's a hardware limitation, is there a workaround in order to achieve what I want to do (I want one PIT to trigger both A and B sources on both ADCs).

My platform is the twr-k60n512, and I use IAR + MQX + Processor expert.

Thank you !

--

Emilien

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

"Pins with shared control must be set identically" means some conflict in muxing/routing. The message will be improved in CW V10.3 as you can see in the attachment.

Based on the improved message and documentaiton in RM (screen-shot attached too) seems only one pre-triger is possible to select in case of not PDB trigger is used.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

"Pins with shared control must be set identically" means some conflict in muxing/routing. The message will be improved in CW V10.3 as you can see in the attachment.

Based on the improved message and documentaiton in RM (screen-shot attached too) seems only one pre-triger is possible to select in case of not PDB trigger is used.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
emilien
Contributor III

Ok thanks ! Actually I did try with the Programmable Device Block, but I could not have it trigger my ADCs... The Channel Status Register of the PDB shows Errors on my PDB channels (maybe because the ADC stops for debug and the PDB continues, but yet my ADC should have been triggered once, and it's not).

Do you see something wrong in the attached screenshot ?

If not, do you see another mean with which I could trigger my ADCs in hardware periodically ?

p.s: The RM says it's possible to freeze the PDB if the microcontroller is frozen, but I don't see which bit I should set.

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

could you please check the project within this thread:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/108258

I think there is the use case you need.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
emilien
Contributor III

On your init_adc.png screen you have PIT_trigger_0 as the trigger A soruce and PIT_trigger_1 as the trigger B source, does the same error occur if you set both to PIT_trigger_0 ? On mine I do have the same error, which I don't understand.

About the PDB trigger, I could not manage to trigger my ADCs, and I already checked this project but was not able to replicate it. I noticed some other people are experiencing the same issue (https://community.freescale.com/thread/115730 so maybe there is an underlying problem here ?

0 Kudos