cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use PE TSI component with S08PT60

Jump to solution
quevedo
Contributor V

I want to write an application for the demo board TWR-208DC-PT60, which features a S08PT60VLH microcontroller. This board has one touch electrode, connected to one of the TSI-enabled pins of the controller. I have made all updates to Processor Expert, and also loaded the service packs for all S08Px series. However, when I try to use PE TSI component, the Component inspector tells me that this device has not TSI capability.

What could be going wrong?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

in case you want only initialization code it should be possible to use Init_TSI component, in case you want additional sw layer you should use TSS_Library component.

However the TSS_Library component is not delivered within the product by default and it must be additionaly downloaded from web.

link:

www.freescale.com/tss

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

in case you want only initialization code it should be possible to use Init_TSI component, in case you want additional sw layer you should use TSS_Library component.

However the TSS_Library component is not delivered within the product by default and it must be additionaly downloaded from web.

link:

www.freescale.com/tss

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
quevedo
Contributor V

Thanks for the enlightment. I have checked on the TSS Suite. I just wonder if it only comprises the "software enabled" version for most microcontrollers, or if it takes into account the hardware TSI module of S08PT series.

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

on PT family is encapsulated hardware TSI module, on the former S08, where was not TSI module, TSS can work with KBI, GPIO, FTM, TPM...

best regards
Vojtech Filip