cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6ULL error while flashing u-boot with NAND config

asurti9
Contributor III

Hello NXP team,

We are working on custom hardware based on iMX6ULL EVK with NAND configuration, for which we have done the stress test and it is passing. We have used same partnumbers as that of the EVK.

We have the blank device and we are trying to flash the images generated using Yocto build having version `imx-6.1.22-2.0.0.xml`.

We have made below changes in the local.conf to enable the NAND configuration for u-boot:

UBOOT_CONFIG = "nand"

We believe that in the release which we are using the changes suggested below (Software part) has been taken care, in the config for mx6ull_14x14_evk_nand_defconfig:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/How-To-use-NAND-boot-on-i-MX6UL-EVK-boar...

We are just trying to flash the generated u-boot image (u-boot-nand-2023.04-r0.imx) to the custom hardware using UUU tool using below command:

sudo uuu -v -V -b nand u-boot-nand-2023.04-r0.imx

Here, we are getting libusb timeout error, and also we are not getting any console logs from the device.

To verify the hardware, we built u-boot for Colibri iMX6ULL NAND config, and while flashing it with the same command above, we found that for that we are not getting any libusb timeout issue and we are getting logs as well on the console from the device:

U-Boot 2016.11-1.8.0+g07edca0bb8 (Oct 19 2018 - 13:34:09 +0000)                       

CPU:   Freescale i.MX6ULL rev1.1 900 MHz (running at 396 MHz)                
CPU:   Commercial temperature grade (0C to 95C) at 48C
Reset cause: POR                        
DRAM:  512 MiB                          
NAND:  512 MiB                          
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0                      
Using default environment               

Video: 640x480x18
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
MISSING TORADEX CONFIG BLOCK
Model: Toradex Colibri iMX6ULL 
Serial Downloader recovery mode, using sdp command
Net:   FEC0
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0 
SDP: initialize...
SDP: handle requests...

The above is expected to fail, as here we are missing Tdx config block.

As per the above analysis, there is something which needs to be done apart from adding `UBOOT_CONFIG = "nand"` in the local.conf in order to build u-boot having NAND configuration, can you please let us know what are the exact steps in order to build u-boot for iMX6ULL EVK NAND config?

i.MX6ULL

Thanks!
Ali

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
0 Replies