cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto imx-boot recipe

Jump to solution
AlekseyM
Contributor III

I try to create my machine for imx8mm. I configured everything and tested it in a standalone variant, and everything worked. 
For now, I try to configure Yocto for that.
Below is the log after the command 

bitbake core-image-minimal

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
NOTE: 8MQ/8MM/8MN/8MP boot binary build
NOTE: Copy ddr_firmware: ddr4_imem_1d.bin from /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/deploy/images/imx8mm-dmc -> /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/git/iMX8M 
NOTE: Copy ddr_firmware: ddr4_dmem_1d.bin from /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/deploy/images/imx8mm-dmc -> /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/git/iMX8M 
NOTE: Copy ddr_firmware: ddr4_imem_2d.bin from /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/deploy/images/imx8mm-dmc -> /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/git/iMX8M 
NOTE: Copy ddr_firmware: ddr4_dmem_2d.bin from /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/deploy/images/imx8mm-dmc -> /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/git/iMX8M 
NOTE: building iMX8MM -  ddr4_dmc
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'ddr4_dmc'.  Stop.
make: *** [Makefile:26: ddr4_dmc] Error 2
WARNING: /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.59047:180 exit 2 from 'make SOC=iMX8MM dtbs=imx8mm-dmc.dtb ${target}'
WARNING: Backtrace (BB generated script): 
	#1: do_compile, /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.59047, line 180
	#2: main, /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.59047, line 225

Below is part of the run.do_compile

for target in ddr4_dmc; do
        compile_mx8m
        if [ "$target" = "flash_linux_m4_no_v2x" ]; then
            # Special target build for i.MX 8DXL with V2X off
            bbnote "building iMX8MM -  V2X=NO ${target}"
            make SOC=iMX8MM  V2X=NO dtbs=imx8mm-dmc.dtb flash_linux_m4
        elif [ "$target" = "flash_evk_stmm_capsule" ]; then
            cp /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native//usr/bin/mkeficapsule      /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/git/iMX8M

bbnote "building iMX8MM - TEE=tee.bin-stmm ${target}"
            make SOC=iMX8MM TEE=tee.bin-stmm delete_capsule_key
            make SOC=iMX8MM TEE=tee.bin-stmm capsule_key
            make SOC=iMX8MM TEE=tee.bin-stmm dtbs=imx8mm-dmc.dtb ${target}
        else
            bbnote "building iMX8MM -  ${target}"
            make SOC=iMX8MM  dtbs=imx8mm-dmc.dtb ${target}
        fi
        if [ -e "/opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/git/iMX8M/flash.bin" ]; then
            cp /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/git/iMX8M/flash.bin /opt/yocto/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx8mm_dmc-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/git/imx-boot-imx8mm-dmc-sd.bin-${target}
        fi
    done

I configured something incorrectly because instead of ddr4_dmc I should have flash_ddr4_dmc. (I added this target to soc.mak with the patch)

Do you know where target configuring is?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlekseyM
Contributor III
I find it.
in file {MACHINE}.conf
config IMXBOOT_TARGETS set the name that should be equal to one of the targets in imx-boot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlekseyM
Contributor III
I find it.
in file {MACHINE}.conf
config IMXBOOT_TARGETS set the name that should be equal to one of the targets in imx-boot.
0 Kudos