Tutorial 3.3 How to transfer files between Windows PC / Ubuntu and the development board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial 3.3 How to transfer files between Windows PC / Ubuntu and the development board

The complete tutorial / FAQs are uploaded to http://www.myirtech.com/faq.asp?selectm=class&anclassid=6&nclassid=90 

The tutorial / FAQs are based on MYIR’s NXP i.MX6UL/6ULL series products but are also applicable to similar products from other companies. MYIR hopes these are useful to you.

MYIR’s NXP i.MX6UL/6ULL series products

MYS-6ULX Single Board Computer

MYD-Y6ULX Development Board (MYC-Y6ULX CPU Module as core board)

MYD-Y6ULX-HMI Development Board (MYC-Y6ULX CPU Module as core board)

MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel

• How to connect Ubuntu to the Internet?

Run Oracle VM VirtualBox (this is what I am using, you may use other VirtualBox). Open the settings in the supervisor, choose network, enable network connection, connection type: bridge network card, the name of the interface: Select by actual occurrence.

If you want ubuntu to use fixed IP, you may set it up in “Ubuntu/etc/network/interface”.

Reference:

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto enp0s3

iface enp0s3 inet static

address 192.168.30.109

netmask 255.255.255.0

getway 192.168.30.1

• How to transfer files between Windows PC and the development board?

The board and PC should be connected to the same network.

Install tftpd64.exe software on the PC.

Current Directory, choose the path to upload files.

Server interface, choose the IP of PC. Execute “tftp 192.168.1.153 -g -r test.sh” in Xshell when downloading files to the board. Execute “tftp 192.168.1.153 -p -r test.sh” when upload files from the board to PC.

3-3-1 tftpd64 Server configuration

• How to transfer files between Ubuntu and the development board?

The board and Ubuntu should be connected to the same network.

Execute scp file to transfer files:

“scp -r /home/roy/rs485 root@192.168.1.223:/home/root”.

Tips: this command means copy folder ubuntu/home/roy/rs485 to directory /home/root of board with IP 192.168.1.223.

Tags (1)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎06-03-2019 07:52 PM
Updated by: