mimxrt1050 bricked: could not find core in coresight setup, CPU could not be halted

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mimxrt1050 bricked: could not find core in coresight setup, CPU could not be halted

benolayinka
Contributor III

I thought I bricked my mimx1050_evk board, because trying to flash consistently gave me the following errors:

WARNING: CPU could not be halted

****** Error: Could not find core in Coresight setup

I found this post about a similar problem on a similar processor, and I guessed that the software running on the MCU must be crashing or preventing communication on the SWD line.

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/06/16/bricking-and-recovering-frdm-kl25z-boards-reset-swd-clock-and-lo...

I'm on a mac and I couldn't use the unbricking tool P&E provided, but I managed to unbrick my board by holding down the reset button, running flash from JLinkExe, then releasing reset while the tool looked for the processor, and praying.. it took about 10 tries, but eventually I managed to overwrite the MCU flash, and now it's working again.

Just a heads up for anyone who might be encountering these CPU could not be halted errors.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello BENJAMIN OLAYINKA,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to recover your mimx1050_evk board. There is another method to recover your board when this happens, and I think it's easier than the one you are using since currently, it takes you about 10 tries to successfully recover it.

The other method consists of putting your board in serial downloader mode and loading a program that doesn't brick your board. I just sent you to your email a step-by-step guide that shows how to do this. 

Hope it helps!
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------