Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfgtool maks FreeRTOS wrong

Jump to solution
ffloree
Contributor III

Hi,

This is an i.MXRT1050 platform, my project including FreeRTOS run as XIP in a QSPI flash,

if programming by IAR-Jlink, then reset the board to run it, everything is fine (I have created IVT and flash configuration block manually in source code).

But if programming by mfgtool, system runs, but crashed at last sentence of vPortStartFirstTask();

if remove FReeRTOS, and copy the task content to main(), everything is fine too after mfgtool programming.

By checking the content of flash, flash configuration block (0x60000000-0x60000FFF) and IVT (0x60000100-0x60001FFF) are little different, but application (0x60002000-0x6000xxxx) is the same. Normally, mfgtool only add some headers of application, but the action is different between both programming ways? It's so interesting, anyone knows the reason?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tom

reason may be that mfg tool uses some standard typical settings described in
sect.8.2.2.1 Typical use cases for FlexSPI NOR Configuration Block
MCUX Flashloader Reference Manual.pdf included in FlashLoader package.
Usage can be checked in AN12108  How to Enable Boot from QSPI Flash
Figure 15. Modify the parameter from 0xc0233007 to 0xc0000005.
DCD header can be tweaked with example in AN12107 How to Enable Boot from
HyperFlash and SD Card: dcd in file *.bd:
Figure 38. Add DCD path,  options { DCDFilePath,
described in sect.4.1.3.1. Options block i.MX MCU Manufacturing User's Guide.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tom

reason may be that mfg tool uses some standard typical settings described in
sect.8.2.2.1 Typical use cases for FlexSPI NOR Configuration Block
MCUX Flashloader Reference Manual.pdf included in FlashLoader package.
Usage can be checked in AN12108  How to Enable Boot from QSPI Flash
Figure 15. Modify the parameter from 0xc0233007 to 0xc0000005.
DCD header can be tweaked with example in AN12107 How to Enable Boot from
HyperFlash and SD Card: dcd in file *.bd:
Figure 38. Add DCD path,  options { DCDFilePath,
described in sect.4.1.3.1. Options block i.MX MCU Manufacturing User's Guide.pdf

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos