in rt1170 evk, j20 is not detected when using boot uitlity tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in rt1170 evk, j20 is not detected when using boot uitlity tool

sajithdevidas
Contributor III

i want to mass erase my rt1170 evk board, for that i want to connect j20 to boot utility through usb hid, to get the  vendor id & product id, but while i am trying to connect j20, its not getting connected,  is i have to connect any jumper or something?

this is my connections,

j38 is in connected in 5&6,

power cable is connected through j11

and im trying to connect j20, but its not getting connected,

can anyone say what is the problem and how to overcome this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sajithdevidas 

Please verify that the boot mode pins are set to make the MCU to  boot in serial downloader mode. SW1 dip switch must be set to 0b0001. Then make a power cycle or reset.

If you can not connect over USB1 try UART connection using on board debugger's VCOM USB port. 

All the best, 

Diego

0 Kudos

sajithdevidas
Contributor III

Thanks, for the response I verified that's its in sdp mode only, but still the j20 is not being connected , Can you please explain how to perform the connection through uart?

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sajithdevidas 

To verify that the chip is entering into serial downloader I usually do this simple process:

1  Flash and the Blinky demo from the SDK
2  Make sure that the demo is running. dip switch  must be 0b0010
3  Set serial downloader mode. dip switch must be 0b0001. 
4  Do a reset or power cycle. 

5 Ping bootloader using UART. Connection over UART is easy with the EVK. Just connect the on-board debugger to your PC. Then, find the associated VCOM. 

If you are still experiencing errors. Please share a photo of your EVK setup to double check again.

Also , consider if the EVK is brand new and no fuses have been programmed, this makes easier our debug here.

Best regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

sajithdevidas
Contributor III

actually i'm not able to execute any of the cods, becuase while debugging "Wire-ACK fault", this error is coming, (the photo is attached), inorder to  overcome this i need to mass erase my device using boot utility tool,  but the boot utility tool is not getting connected with my board, thats the actual issue

i tried both UART & USB also, still its not getting connected , im attaching the pictures also, please go through that and give me a solution

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sajithdevidas 

I am sorry for the delayed response, I lost the notification for your reply.

Are you still facing issues? Or have you seen anything else in this time? 

Please share a  picture of your board, we could see the jumper setup.

All the best, 

Diego.

0 Kudos