cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1064 Programming external flash on flexSpi1 using MCUX Sec tool

Jump to solution
ale1
Contributor II

On a custom board using the iMXRT1064 we have both the internal W25Q32JV (flexspi2) containing our custom boot loader and some constant data, and an external IS25LP128F flash (flexspi1) containing the actual application. During the development phase the external flash has been programmed via the Lautherbach debugger. But now we are preparing the production setup and we want to program both the internal and the external flash using MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool. Flashing the internal W25Q32JV works fine, but how can the ext_memory_setup.bat be modified to configures also the external flash?

Note that we have another board which uses the iMXRT1062 processor and the same external IS25LP128F flash on flexspi1. Here the flashing of the external flash works fine.

Thanks in advance

ALE

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Could you provide an English translation please?
-- I use Google Translate to convert it into English and please check it.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ale1
Contributor II

Hi Jeremyzhou

Thanks for your answer, even though it was not the answer I had hoped for. The document you have attached is partly in Chinese, could you provide an English translation please?

Best regards,

ALE

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Could you provide an English translation please?
-- I use Google Translate to convert it into English and please check it.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @ale1 ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I'm afraid that the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool is incapable of programming the external flash, and to provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to the attachment to do it.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos