cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1052 EVKB not powering up

EmbeddedTech
Contributor III

Hi,

This is my second iMXRT1052 EVKB and I have been working on this board for close to 3 months and it was working fine. But today when I was trying to flash the code into the board, it showed the below message

============= SCRIPT: RT1050_connect.scp =============
============= END SCRIPT =============================
Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.
No connection to chip's debug port

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to change the boot option using the DIP switch and tried but with no success.

I observed that the power ON led (D3) was not lighted up. Also, I could feel the board was bit warm on the left side of the LCD.

Next, I tried connecting to the external 5V DC, but still the board is not powering up. The green led turns ON and then Off again and again and is not stable ON. 

I have already faced this issue on my first EVKB, and this is my second EVKB which is unusable now. In my previous board also I faced the similar issue, but I was able to power it up with the external 5V supply but my LCD will not turn ON.

I would like to know what is causing this to happen randomly to the boards? I am afraid if this will cause any problems in the future. Your help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, I guess the power supply circuit has some problems, you can try to use a multimeter to check the circuit, especially the U3 and U4 chips.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

EmbeddedTech
Contributor III

Hi,

I will get the hardware checked once I am back in the office.

btw, what could be the reason for the power circuit failure suddenly? It was working well for the past 3 months.

Also, I faced the similar issue with my first EVKB, but was able to power it up with external supply. But the LCD was not turning on. Could it be some issue with the backlight circuit? 

Since I mentioned that in my new board also I observed that the board was warm on the left side of LCD, is there a possibility that the backlight circuit is causing some problem? Does the EVKB have the C88 capacitor replaced with the proper rating?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) what could be the reason for the power circuit failure suddenly?
-- From my experience, the damaged U3 and U4 are the main cause.
2) Since I mentioned that in my new board also I observed that the board was warm on the left side of LCD, is there a possibility that the backlight circuit is causing some problem? Does the EVKB have the C88 capacitor replaced with the proper rating?
-- The MCU will become warm if it's close to the LCD panel, as the LCD panel can generate a lot of heat versus to MCU.
In my opinion, you'd better check your board carefully prior to jumping to a conclusion.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

EmbeddedTech
Contributor III

Hi,

There is one more observation. When I connect the USB to power on the board, its the U31 which is getting heated up. That is why I was able to feel the heat on the PCB on the left side of the LCD.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

EmbeddedTech
Contributor III

ok will check and update you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos