cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT 1170

harish_crowdnidhi
Contributor III

Dear All,

Has anyone tried to do a phone mirroring onto a display driven by i MX RT 1170/117x?.

If yes. can you please provide us insight into the steps/approaches taken and what software/framework was used?

Regards,

Harish

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ramprakash08
Contributor IV

Hi @harish_crowdnidhi,

The i.MX RT1170 family of crossover MCUs is designed to support a wide range of applications, including advanced graphics, high-speed connectivity, and complex embedded processing. However, phone mirroring is a complex task that involves not only the display capabilities of the MCU but also the communication between the phone and the MCU.

Assuming you are looking to mirror an Android phone, you might want to consider using Android Open Accessory (AOA) protocol for communication. AOA allows an external accessory to act as a USB host that powers and communicates with an Android device. You would need to implement this protocol on the i.MX RT1170.

For the display part, the i.MX RT1170 supports LCD interface and has a powerful GPU for 2D graphics acceleration. You can use the LCDIF interface to drive the display and the PxP engine to perform graphics operations. The MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX RT1170 provides drivers and examples for these peripherals.

0 Kudos

harish_crowdnidhi
Contributor III

How about mirroring IPhone ?. Is it possible on the same platform ?.

0 Kudos