i.MXRT1176_flexspi_QSPI flash_quad mode abnormal operation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT1176_flexspi_QSPI flash_quad mode abnormal operation

kim_donggyun
Contributor I

IMXRT1176 Controller was used, and mimxrt1170 evk board was customized and used.

IMXRT1176 Controller was used, and mimxrt1170 evk board was customized and used.

The problem is that Read and Write of the SPI method using D0 and D1 work, but Read and Write of Quad mode do not operate normally.
SPI Write -> SPI Read = normal operate
Quad Write -> Quad Read = Not operate
Quad Write -> SPI Read = Not operate
SPI Write -> Quad Read = some action (some error value output)

The connection of qspi flash is the same, (E14,F17,G14,F15,H15,H14,F16 / FlexSPI_A_DQS, FlexSPI_A_SS0, FlexSPI_A_CLK, FlexSPI_A_D0, FlexSPI_A_D1, FlexSPI_A_D2, FlexSPI_A_D3)
However, due to difficulties in supply of IS25WP128-JBLE (QSPI Flash) used in evk boarad, it was changed to S25FL128LAGMFI010 (QSPI Flash).
The difference between IS25WP128-JBLE and S25FL128LAGMFI010 is about register map configuration or dummy cycle, and is almost similar in use.
We tested by modifying the code based on the example code "flexspi_nor_poling_transfer_cm7" provided by the SDK.

code fixes
"app. h"
CUSTOM_LUT_LENGTH 64U => 128U (*) increase value, uint32_t customLUT[CUSTOM_LUT_LENGTH] add some content for testing purposes

"flexspi_nor_flash_ops.c"
status_t flexspi_nor_enable_quad_mode(FLEXSPI_Type *base) in the function
uint32_t writeValue = FLASH_QUAD_ENABLE; => 0x02; (*) FLASH_QUAD_ENABLE = 0x40U, quad mode enable bit changed according to S25FL128LAGMFI010 change

"flexspi_nor_polling_transfer.c"
uint32_t customLUT[CUSTOM_LUT_LENGTH] in array

[4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_FAST_QUAD + 1] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(
kFLEXSPI_Command_DUMMY_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x06, kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x04),
=> kFLEXSPI_Command_DUMMY_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x0A, kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x04),
(*) The function of fast read quad mode is the same as 0xEB, but there is a difference in the dummy cycle 0x06=>0x0A
Only when dummy cycle 8 is applied, all data read is incorrect. When 10 is applied by adding mode cycle (2) to the dummy cycle, some are read as normal, and some are incorrect.

Please check if my code modification is correct, and ask if there may be other causes for the problem.

kim_donggyun_0-1672707927150.png

kim_donggyun_2-1672708020416.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

QE bit is not enabled properly for S25FL128 with your code change. that's why Read and Write of Quad mode do not operate normally.

For IS25WP128, QE bit is in Status Register (1byte sequence), but it is in Configuration register for S25FL128 (2bytes sequence)

Please refer to below project, it supports S25FL064, should be ok for S25FL128 as well

https://github.com/JayHeng/RT-MFB/tree/main/boards/mimxrt/mfb_fw/imxrt1176/cm7

0 Kudos

kim_donggyun
Contributor I

Thank you. Some of the problems were solved by referring to the code you shared. There was an error in the quad mode setup. Quad write was solved by this part modification. There are still problems with quad reads, but this will be fixed soon.

0 Kudos