i.MXRT1176 ENET_QOS strange ISR triggering behaviour

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT1176 ENET_QOS strange ISR triggering behaviour

Andre_M
Contributor I

I'm working with ENET_QOS on a custom board, following the 'evkmimxrt1170_lwip_ping_enet_qos_freertos_cm7' example.

The strange behaviour is this: sometimes, when I simply remove the ethernet cable, the processor keeps triggering the ENET_QOS_IRQHandler non-stop (with DMA_INTERRUPT_STATUS == 0) until the watchdog reboots the uC.

Since DMA_INTERRUPT_STATUS register value is 0, the function ENET_QOS_CommonIRQHandler (assigned as the ISR handler on s_enetqosIsr) just goes straight through, without going into any of the 'if' statements.

This is the state of the registers when the ISR triggers:

DMA_INTERRUPT_STATUS 0x0

MAC_INTERRUPT_ENABLE 0x0
MAC_INTERRUPT_STATUS 0x21
MTL_INTERRUPT_STATUS 0x0
DMA_CH0_INTERRUPT_ENABLE 0x8041
DMA_CH0_STATUS 0x404

I tried clearing the DMA_CH0_STATUS register inside the ISR, but it remained 0 afterwards and ISRs kept triggering:

// Clear STATUS for channel 0
base->DMA_CH[0].DMA_CHX_STAT |= base->DMA_CH[0].DMA_CHX_STAT;

Then I tried clearing the bits on MAC_INTERRUPT_STATUS. It seems that clearing bit 5 (LPIIS) solves the ISR spam:

volatile uint32_t discard;
// read MAC_LPI_CONTROL_STATUS to clear MAC_INTERRUPT_STATUS bit 5 (0x20)
discard = base->MAC_LPI_CONTROL_STATUS;
(void)discard;

But it doesn't make sense, as this interrupt is not even enabled in MAC_INTERRUPT_ENABLE. What could explain this behaviour?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Andre_M ,

Would you please tell me in which case removing the ethernet cable would 100% reproduce this issue? I will try to reproduce it here.

Best Regards,

Kan

0 Kudos