i.MXRT FlexRAM size not being power of two and GPR14

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT FlexRAM size not being power of two and GPR14

jdj
Contributor II

I have a working configuration with FlexRAM as 256 kiB DTCM, no ITCM, 256 kiB OCRAM. I would like to use sizes which are not power of two (eg. 384 kiB DTC). My question is with regards to IOMUXC_GPR_GPR14.

AN12077 states that, in this case:

It is required to keep the default TCM size setting in the CM7_CFGxTCMSZ fields in the IOMUXC_GPR_GPR14 register (it considers the value of the whole FlexRAM size).

But the reset value of those fields is 0 - meaning no DTCM or ITCM. What is the default value mentioned in the AN? Is it setting both to 128 kiB? Or is it, as "it considers the value of the whole FlexRAM size" seems to indicate, setting both fields to 512 kiB (0b1010)? The last seems to make the most sense.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) What is the default value mentioned in the AN?
-- 512 KB, in another word, the value of the whole FlexRAM size.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

jdj
Contributor II

Thank you for the answer. Is there any downside to setting it lower, as long as it's larger than what's actually configured? Say, having 96 kiB of ITCM and setting `CM7_CFGITCMSZ` to 128 kiB?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
1) Is there any downside to setting it lower, as long as it's larger than what's actually configured? Say, having 96 kiB of ITCM and setting `CM7_CFGITCMSZ` to 128 kiB?
-- CFGITCMSZ/CFGDTCMSZ bits determine the maximum of accessible address space, so it'll waste space after setting a lower value.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos