Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deactivating XIP mode in external flash on imxrt1010

syed1
Contributor I

Hello @Pablo_Ramos 

Thank you for reaching out.

I've mistakenly changed the values of NON-VOLATILE configuration register. Now the flash is running in XIP mode instead of SPI mode. For deactivating XIP mode, flash device datasheet mentioned particular procedure which I'll provide below. How to send the bit on DQ0 on first clock dummy cycle? NVCR.png

We have a lookup table in the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer SDK example. We include the FAST READ command in the sequence, but how do we transfer the XIP termination bit during the first dummy cycle?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Pablo_Ramos
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @syed1,

With the LUT is not possible to send a dummy cycle with data because the FlexSPI peripherals keep data lines undriven.

Unfortunately, we don't have the necessary hardware in order to test and recommend you a procedure to fix this. 

0 Kudos

syed1
Contributor I

Hello @Pablo_Ramos 

Is there any other way to terminate the XIP mode in flash? 

I really need the flash to work in normal SPI mode.

BR

Syed

0 Kudos

imxrtuser
Senior Contributor I

Hi @Pablo_Ramos , are you sure about that? The part from the datasheet looks for me like you could do this by sending mode bits.

@syed1take a look at Table 25-7 Instruction set (continued) in the RT1010 reference manual (especially the commands with names like "MODE1_SDR") which lists all commands for the flexspi LUT. If you send mode bits you have to reduce the number of dummy cycles because mode bits count as dummy cycle.

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

syed1
Contributor I

Hello @imxrtuser 

The flash is currently in XIP Quad I/O fast read mode. Could you please explain the sequence for exiting this mode?

I've come across the concept of mode bits in the instruction set. How should I implement this?

The external flash we're using is MT25QU512ABB (Micron serial NOR flash).

Best regards,

Syed

0 Kudos