WDOG1 - PDE does not trigger (MIMXRT1060)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDOG1 - PDE does not trigger (MIMXRT1060)

tlloydqualitrol
Contributor I

I'm trying to configure the Power-Down-Event mechanism of WDOG1 for the aforementioned MCU. I understand from the datasheet that this is automatically enabled at boot. Instead I'm finding that removing these lines from the startup code has no effect.

tlloydqualitrol_0-1706537599430.png

When I step through with a debugger I find that on startup this register bit is already set to 0 when it should be 1 at boot. Is there any way I can fix this? I read in another forum discussion about setting fuses but cannot find where to do that.

Many thanks,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

tlloydqualitrol
Contributor I

Having done some further exploration of the data sheet, I have found that I need to burn a particular fuse to cause the watchdog power down counter to be enabled on boot:

tlloydqualitrol_1-1706870503213.png

Using the debugger I can verify that bit 21 in the OTP has been set:

tlloydqualitrol_0-1706870439628.png

However I'm finding that the power down event counter still does not elapse and is still not enabled on boot.

So my question is, how do I enable this? Is there something missing in my steps?

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can burn this fuse in order to enable the WDOG during boot by opening the eFuse operation utility in the MCUBootUtility, on the Cfg1 you will find the address and change the value. Just please take on count that this change is permanent there is no way to take back this changes please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

nxf77486_0-1706912088478.png

0 Kudos

tlloydqualitrol
Contributor I

I have used the tool to burn the fuse and am finding the watching is still not enabled:

tlloydqualitrol_0-1707129900566.png

Here is where I set it in the tool:

tlloydqualitrol_1-1707129949018.png

I can also see in the debugger that this fuse has been burned:

tlloydqualitrol_2-1707130099351.png

So ultimately what am I missing to get this watchdog enabled? It is crucial for a product I am developing.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please let me get a deep look at this I will comeback with some feedback soon.

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

Can you please help me confirm the following information:

• SDK version for the RT1060
  • If my understanding is correct you are trying to enable the Power Down mode of the WDOG, but as you mentioned before this is enable atomically on boot, so you are trying to enable this after boot?

Please let me know this information in order to give a solution.

0 Kudos

tlloydqualitrol
Contributor I

Hello,

1. I am using SDK Version 2.12.0
2. The problem I'm finding is that the behaviour DOES NOT match the behaviour in the datasheet, ie, the power down event timer does not work as expected. I can see in the start up code that the power down counter is disabled as part of the start up progress, but after removing these lines I'm finding that the power down counter does not activate.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your information.

So after performing a test on the Power Mode Switch example with the latest version of the SDK 2.15.00 so in this case I would recommend to use this latest version where this behavior is not present.

Also I performed this test with an EVK Board.

Please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

0 Kudos

tlloydqualitrol
Contributor I

Using the debugger I can also see that the power down event watchdog is turned off before even reaching this area of code:

tlloydqualitrol_0-1706788115604.png

0 Kudos

tlloydqualitrol
Contributor I

I tried your suggestion with the evaluation kit and the power down event counter still does not elapse:

The below screenshot I show that I have disabled two lines which turn off the power down event counter. I would expect the evaluation kit to reset every 16 seconds as per the data sheet, but this does not happen, it continues to operate as expected.

tlloydqualitrol_0-1706787140731.png

Please advise how I can enable this counter, it is critical for an application I am working on. My aim is to turn off the power down event counter later in the startup sequence which is why I want to test its operation.

0 Kudos

tlloydqualitrol
Contributor I

Found a post here: Solved: Re: Not working "power down counter" in WDOG1 - NXP Community where the user had the same issue but there does not seem to be a solution in that thread. Would appreciate any further insight

0 Kudos