Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using external ADC Module (ADS1256) with 1170 EVK

Jump to solution
Sam_im
Contributor II

Good Day,
I need to use and external ADC Module (ADS1256) with 1170 EVK. This is a SPI 24 bit ADC module and I I use that to have more resolution on analog read. To perform that iI will need to set an interrupt as DataReady, triggerred by a pin coming from this module. I was not able to find a reliable sample code to do that. I will appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sam_im 

That information regarding the configuration of your module should be specified in its user manual. A normal write operation should work, however, i recommend you to verify it with the manual.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sam_im 

How is the ADS1256 sending a conversion complete signal? Is it a digital I/O or is it via the SPI protocol?

In case the ADS1256 sends a digital signal you could use the GPIO input interrupt to trigger the LPSPI transfer.

Regarding SPI, any example provided by the SDK should work, just use it as a 32 bit word transfer, I recommend you the eDMA and LPSPI examples.

Best Regards, Miguel.

Sam_im
Contributor II

@Miguel04 
Thanks Miguel for the reply, Module use a seperated signal as data ready so your solution using GPIO should work.
My another question is about SPI Register Write. This module has a set of configs that should be done through SPI Register Write. Question is is there any specific way of doing that in LPSPI or a general data transfer would work?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sam_im 

That information regarding the configuration of your module should be specified in its user manual. A normal write operation should work, however, i recommend you to verify it with the manual.