Unable to receive the data more than 4 bytes on UART (lpuart_polling)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive the data more than 4 bytes on UART (lpuart_polling)

syed1
Contributor I

Hi

We are using the controller MIMXRT1101CAE4A.When we tried to transmit the data on UART using sdk example lpuart_polling ,receiving 4 bytes data correctly. After that the 4th byte is repeated in next bytes. You can see in the below picture the 4th byte data 'a' is reflected in next bytes.

The RXFIFOSIZE and TXFIFOSIZE is 4, that you can see in the peripheral window. Does this size have any effect on the data that we are receiving currently.

uart.PNG

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @syed1 .

To help you with your problem, I need you to provide me with more information, specifically the version of the SDK that you are using and which version of the MCUxpresso. But for the moment, I can tell you that the project example with the same name "lpuart_polling" of the SDK (version 2.15) with the MCUxpresso v11.9.1 version doesn't present your problem. Even with your same configurations of FIFO.  Please try this example code, and let me know if you have issues.

Additionally, please try changing the debug console to use a UART Terminal instead of Semihost, In the next image I show you how you can change it without creating a new project:

Habib_Melchor_Santos_0-1714080883426.png

BR,
Habib.

0 Kudos

syed1
Contributor I

Hello Habib,

Thank you for your prompt response and detailed instructions. I've tried the example code "lpuart_polling" from SDK version 2.15 with MCUxpresso v11.9.1 as you suggested and also, I've switched the debug console to use a UART Terminal instead of Semihost as per your recommendation.

But still getting same issues. Actually, we are running our code on RAM and not in flash. 

Best regards, Syed1

0 Kudos

Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @syed1 ,

In order to provide you with a better support, can you share with me your code to see what is the error that it presents?

Also, you mentioned that you run the application in RAM instead of flash, is it because of some requirement of your application that you changed the execution memory?

And in case before this change, did you also see the issue when running the application in flash, or is the problem unique to running in RAM?

Finally, remember to consult the readme.txt file to understand how each example works.

BR,
Habib.

0 Kudos

syed1
Contributor I

Hello Habib,

I've changed the execution memory from flash to RAM due to the absence of internal flash in our processor.Before this change the application didn't run on flash.We got the error "Break at address "0xdeadbeee" with no debug information available, or outside of program code".

When I changed the execution memory application runs perfectly , but I'm only getting 4 bytes correct.I'll provide you with the screenshot of this.I'll also provide you with the code we are using. uart.PNG

The below zip file is the example code we are using in MCU expresso ide version 11.9.1 and of SDK version 2.15

0 Kudos

Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @syed1 ,

The code that you provided executes correctly in my EVK (evaluation board), even running in RAM, more specifically on the SRAM DTC, as shown in the following image:

Habib_Melchor_Santos_0-1714432282973.png

Now that the software has been proven to work, I would consider that the problems are related to hardware, such as the UART bus, core connections, etc. since the software doesn't show any issues at the moment. Please make sure to corroborate these connections are properly set on your board.

BR,
Habib.

0 Kudos