USB host example code for mimxrt1170-evk not working as expected.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB host example code for mimxrt1170-evk not working as expected.

Shehan_Janidu
Contributor III

I loaded the example code given to connect USB virtual printer. The code compiles properly giving no errors. But when the code is loaded, the expected functionality doesn't take place. The overview of the full example project and expected functionality is explained in the attached pdf. 

The example project name is "dev_printer_virtual_text_bm_cm7"

The project can be accessed through following link  Link to project 

iMXRT1170     

0 Kudos
4 Replies

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shehan_Janidu,

I believe this is a duplicated post from the following link: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/USB-host-example-code-for-mimxrt1170-evk-not-working-properly/t...

If it is ok with you, I will continue supporting on that other post in order to prevent double efforts.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

Shehan_Janidu
Contributor III

I found the solution for the post you are referring.
Yes this post is about the same code but different issue. I only need your support for this particular post @EdwinHz 

More specifically the problem I have is, according to the documentation given, a software should installed automatically after running the code. But when I am running the code, the expected software does not get installed. Thats problem now I am dealing with. iMXRT1170 

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shehan_Janidu,

You should be able to install the driver manually by following this community post: https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/quot-MCU-VIRTUAL-COM-DEMO-quot-and-demo-app-fo...

Rather than using the path specified by that post, however, you would use the following:

"<SDK installation root>\SDK_2_14_0_MIMXRT1170-EVKB.zip\middleware\usb"

By default, the SDK installation root is:

"C:\Users\<user>\mcuxpresso\02\SDKPackages"

I hope this helps,
Edwin,

0 Kudos

Shehan_Janidu
Contributor III

I ran the code again and followed following steps,

in device manager following icons were displayed,

usb 1.png

After that I updated the drivers both ways, manually and by clicking on "let me pick"

usb 2.png

But even after doing that, still generic printer is not shown in the printer section,

usb 3.png

And when I go to devices and printers folder, it shows like this,

usb 4.png

Can u suggest what can I do to fix this issue. In addition I have a doubt to clear out. The printing process that we going to do here is fully virtual one instead of physical one. Am I right ?

@EdwinHz  iMXRT1170 

0 Kudos