cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART DMA IMX1176

koray692
Contributor II

Hello,

I try to use uart dma example. Firstly, I tried sdk example in mcuxpresso (sdk: IMXRT1176xxxx V 2.15)

there is no problem at working.Then I copied the example to my project (I included uart edma driver to my project ) it didn't work properly. When I send data from terminal in every 50 ms it works normal, then when I send the data every 5 ms, it stop to resend data to terminal but in the example it could send back data.Is there missing driver that should add my project or do I need to do any configuariton in my ide for uart dma.

Also I tried for interrupt uart it is the same issue.

Thanks

Best regards.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

koray692
Contributor II

Hi @EdwinHz ,

Communication completely stop. I have checked the Clock diagrams it is all same. LPUART clock root seems 24 MHZ I think it highest point I couldn't increase.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @koray692,

Thanks for clarifying. You application must get hanged on a specific line of code, since you see that the execution of the application completely halts. I recommend you do a step-by-step debug if possible or try to attach the debug session once you see the application stop, in order to figure out what line of code causes the execution to stop. Pinpointing the issue to a specific line of code or at lease area will be very useful to resolve the error as a whole.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

koray692
Contributor II

Only communication stop, the code doesn't hang, so code is going on. But I tried to to solve this problem, I made the buffer bigger and I calculated to speed for 115200 for 50 bytes for now it seems good there is no problem but still I didn't understand why example sdk and new project that I created and I put in directly example sdk code works different each other it is still a really big mystery for me.Maybe it should be investigated.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @koray692,

When sending data at 5ms, the communication completely stops? or Just the transmissions that are sent with 5ms intervals are missing? In other words, the issue that you are seeing results in the application going to a hang state where a reset is required? Or is it just missing data when the transmission intervals are 5ms?

Also, are you using the same clock frequencies on your application as the example code you are referencing? What happens if you increase the clock frequency of the modules, do you keep seeing the same issue?

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos