cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous/Asynchronous NOR Flash for RT1020

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello.

I am preparing my PCB design for the new RT1020 NXP microcontroller. I have the schematics of the RT1050 evaluation board, and there they use a Hyperflash memory chip S26KS512SDPBHI02, this is FBGA and I prefer to replace it with a TSOP for my PCB.

https://www.mouser.es/ProductDetail/Cypress-Semiconductor/S26KS512SDPBHI020?qs=%2fha2pyFaduiwVxqN9yV...

I looked for replacements in Mouser, and found the SST39VF010-70-4I-WHE-T, this is a NOR Flash, 1 Mbit, 128x8 Parallel, TSOP32.

https://www.mouser.es/ProductDetail/Microchip-Technology/SST39VF010-70-4I-WHE-T?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtI%252b...

The only difference I see between the two memory chips is that one is Synchronous and the other is Asynchronous.

Is this difference important, can I replace the memory chip without problems?

Next Tuesday I receive the evaluation board of the RT1020 that I ordered from Mouser, and I have already downloaded the SDK. I am waiting for Datasheet and Reference Manual, to start working with all the necessary information. I also want to design my first board with the RT1020, to replace all my current designs with Kinetis MK66, for the RT1020, as soon as I learn to program the DMA..

Greetings.

Labels (2)
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis

Hyperflash is serial device working with FlexSPI interface, while SST39VF010

is parallel nor flash which should be used with SEMC module. Overview of used memories

can be found in Chapter 6 External Memory Controllers i.MX6RT Reference Manual (link is for

i.MXRT1050 as for 1020 Reference Manual is not available yet)

i.MX RT1050 MCU/Applications Crossover Processor | Arm® Cortex®-M7 @600 MHz, 512KB SRAM |NXP 

i.MX RT1020 MCU/Applications Crossover Processor | Arm® Cortex®-M7 @500 MHz |NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------