cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWD-Protocol Implementation

nivassenrai
Contributor I

Hi 

I am trying to communicate from IMXRT 1050 EVK(HOST) -->to Nordic Board (Target).

Tried to read DP register of Nordic Board from IMXRT.

But ACK was not received correctly (Received ACK is 7(111)).

Need Help Like any Source code for IMXRT for implementing SWD Protocol which will be helpful.

Attached refereed document along with this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nivas Bathirappan ,

What's the core chip on your Nordic Board (Target)?

Is it still the RT1050 chip? and you just want to design your own RT chip as the SWD programmer, is it right?

Please give me more information about it, thanks!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

nivassenrai
Contributor I

Hi@Kerry Zhou

Core Chip on my Nordic Board is ARM® Cortex®-M4 processor.

Actually my task is to read hex data from Nordic and verify the content and based on that need to Read/Write to Nordic .

During this implementation I have implemented the SWD Protocol as defined in this document"Arm® Debug Interface
Architecture Specification".

I'm getting the ACK response as 7(111) which is not any Protocol error message .  

If any source code implemented for SWD for IMXRT1050 .Please share the same . I have searched in MCU Espresso IDE I have not found any.

FYI.

I'm developing this implementation from scratch . I'm using MCU Espresso IDE and IMXRT1050EVK Board.

Thanks 

Nivas B

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nivas B,

If your target is the Cortex M4 processor, then you can refer to the K64 opensda source code:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

You can assign two pin in the RT, one as SWD_CLK, one as SWD_DIO, then simulate the SWD interface sequence.

This application note maybe also useful to you:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4835.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

About the specific programmer with RT chip, and the program target is the M4 core, we don't have that application code for your  reference, you need to design it by yourself, actually, it is the specific application design.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos