Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SLN-VIZNAS-IOT] Device not detected on SDP HOST

Jump to solution
oahlzouaoui
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to program the SLN-VIZNAS-IOT board using the open boot programming procedure. I made sure that the boot jumper is in the right position (0) and generated correctly my images binaries (bootstrap,bootloader and program) from the SDK without a single change. My signing entity was generated correctly as stated in the Developer Guide. 

When I try to program my board using the script open_prog_full.py it shows an error stating that
ERROR: Could not establish communication with device. Power cycle device.

After checking the device on my host pc using a lsusb command, I can see that my board is there and with the same device ID as in the script 1fc9:0135 I tried to power cycle my device many times but I can not see why the board is not being detected by the SPDHOST in the script. Any suggestions or explanation to this problem ? 

Thank you !

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
oahlzouaoui
Contributor II

PROBLEM RESOLVED

After investigating the root causes of the previous error, it seems that it is a problem of permission of the Host Computer to access the device. It can simply be resolved by running the script in root mode under the virtual environment. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
oahlzouaoui
Contributor II

PROBLEM RESOLVED

After investigating the root causes of the previous error, it seems that it is a problem of permission of the Host Computer to access the device. It can simply be resolved by running the script in root mode under the virtual environment. 

0 Kudos
oahlzouaoui
Contributor II

UPDATE 

After digging deeper in the SDPHOST python package to add more print function for debugging purposes, it seems that the error generated behind is the following : Error: UsbHidPeripheral() cannot open USB HID device (vid=0x1fc9, pid=0x0135, sn=).  

0 Kudos