RT600 - Routing Data Between External Peripherals

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT600 - Routing Data Between External Peripherals

paulsons
Contributor I

I am working on a concept for a wireless device, and I'm trying to get an idea of how quickly I can transport data in my system. I would like to use a MCU to drive an external ADC and transport that data to an 88W8987 module for transmission via the WLAN7001C front end.

The external ADC can sample at a rate of up to 42 MSPS, and generates an 8-bit output via 8 individual output pins (1 pin for each bit of data). For the 88W8987, the SDIO looks like the fastest option for gathering data from the MCU with up to SDR104. In order to use this method, I'll need to condense the 8 bits of ADC data down to 4 channels. The data would then need to be sent to the SDIO module on the MCU to be sent to the 88W8987.

With a clock rate of 300 MHz, what time should I expect between acquiring the 8-bit data and sending that data out to the 88W8987? If it's too slow, what clock rate should I be targeting to keep up with the high sampling rate of my ADC?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)With a clock rate of 300 MHz, what time should I expect between acquiring the 8-bit data and sending that data out to the 88W8987?
-- The SDIO transfer rate can up to 200 MB/s, I think it's capable to transfer the acquired ADC data to the 88W8987 in real-time.
So it needs to focus on how to speed up the transfer of the acquired ADC data to SDIO to optimize the whole transfer rate.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos