Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1176 MCU First Bring Up

Jump to solution
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Hello, 

We have a design for the RT1176 MCU, Our board is not recognized by the PC, but all of the necessary voltages seems to be fine. For the USB Connection we only have, USB_D_N and USB_D_P, and GND. Is VBUS required for a PC to recognize our board as a USB device?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Wobaffet ,

Do you enter the serial download mode, and want the USB be recognized by the PC?

If yes, I suggest you add the VBUS to 5V, as the MIMXRT1170-EVK also add this VBUS:

kerryzhou_0-1690261105148.png

If it is the new board, I suggest you also use the JLINK with JLINK commander to check your board through the SWD or JTAG interface, just make sure your ARM core can be found.

If the ARM core even can't be found, it means your hardware still have issues.

You need to refer to the MIMXRT1170HDUG:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MIMXRT1170HDUG&location=null

make sure the power on sequence is correct.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Wobaffet ,

Do you enter the serial download mode, and want the USB be recognized by the PC?

If yes, I suggest you add the VBUS to 5V, as the MIMXRT1170-EVK also add this VBUS:

kerryzhou_0-1690261105148.png

If it is the new board, I suggest you also use the JLINK with JLINK commander to check your board through the SWD or JTAG interface, just make sure your ARM core can be found.

If the ARM core even can't be found, it means your hardware still have issues.

You need to refer to the MIMXRT1170HDUG:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MIMXRT1170HDUG&location=null

make sure the power on sequence is correct.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos