cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RT1172] About AN13725 Doc

kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to run opencv on cortex-m7 mcu. When I check the forum about the topic, I found that AN13725 is the application note that I'm looking for. However, when I try to download it from NXP's own page it gives me the "Page Not Found (404)" error.

- So my first question is where can I find, AN13725 documentation and its attached software ?

I also do some research and found out the related doc in third-party site however, when I try to execute make using mingw32 (like the documentation suggest), I get the following errors:

```

Error running link command: The parameter is incorrect
3rdparty\zlib\CMakeFiles\zlib.dir\build.make:457: recipe for target '3rdparty/lib/libzlib.a' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [3rdparty/lib/libzlib.a] Error 2
CMakeFiles\Makefile2:185: recipe for target '3rdparty/zlib/CMakeFiles/zlib.dir/all' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [3rdparty/zlib/CMakeFiles/zlib.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Error running link command: The parameter is incorrect
3rdparty\openjpeg\openjp2\CMakeFiles\libopenjp2.dir\build.make:613: recipe for target '3rdparty/lib/liblibopenjp2.a' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [3rdparty/lib/liblibopenjp2.a] Error 2
CMakeFiles\Makefile2:258: recipe for target '3rdparty/openjpeg/openjp2/CMakeFiles/libopenjp2.dir/all' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [3rdparty/openjpeg/openjp2/CMakeFiles/libopenjp2.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:161: recipe for target 'all' failed
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

```

I apperciate any answer, or suggestions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kayakaantuna ,

There might be some web issue with AN13725, and our web team has been notified with this issue, which should be resolved soon. Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Thank you for your attention...

Can you inform me on here when it's fixed? 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Sure!
0 Kudos

kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Hi @Kan_Li,

Any update regarding the SW package ? 

0 Kudos

kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Hi @Kan_Li,

It seems that your team did indeed upload the AN13725 documentation. Thanks for that!

However there is one small issue:

kayakaantuna_0-1703663689380.png

As you can see on the image above, there is a MCUXpresso project which must be attach to the AN13725 documentation. But I couldn't find any attach files...

Can you please also tell documentation team to upload this file ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kayakaantuna ,

The SW package can not be shared due to some release issue, but I have a keil project to work with opencv, please kindly refer to the attachment for details.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Hi @Kan_Li,

I imported your keil project to MCUXpresso however when the debugger passes this line:

Mat img(Size(480, 360), CV_8UC3);// = cv::imread(path_name);

The JTAG just closes with the following log on console:

[Closed Telnet Session]

What may be the reason of this ? Memory or something ?

Also here is the full MCUXpresso project I'm working with, I included in the attachment

EDIT: Little update when I changed library to Newlib(semihost), I got the following log on the console:

SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V7.70d - Terminal output channel
hello world.
ld.
terminate called after throwing an instance of ' of 'cv::Exceptionption'
what(): (): OpenCV(4.8.0-dev) C:\RT1170_OPENCV\opencv\modules\core\src\alloc.cpp:73: error: (-4:Insufficient memory) Failed to allocate 518400 bytes in function 'OutOfMemoryError'
ror'

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Seems the heap is not enough for your application, please adjust the heap size in MCUXpresso->Settings->MCU Linker.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Hi @Kan_Li,

My heap settings as follows:

kayakaantuna_0-1704954542491.png

And memory configuration as follows:

kayakaantuna_1-1704954572247.png

So on SDRAM, it looks to me that I have enough memory for Mat variable.

Am I doing something wrong in somewhere ? Can you guide me ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos