cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170_EVK, dual core information please

ping1
Contributor V

Hello, All

I am looking for basic information about working on dual core project, I see some examples, but cannot figure out following:

1.  how to set two core projects as master and slave project, how to make them link to each other?

2. Why some cm4 example project are configured as "Link application to RAM" in Managed Link Script properties? where the cm4 image should be kept after compiling normally?  can it use flash?

I am new to dual core.

Thank you!

Ping 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

1. In MCUXpresso, in the option you can create a project for different core:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1707848697303.png

In the next window, you can link an slave project:

Omar_Anguiano_1-1707848736708.png

Another option is using the existing multicore project as base and start your application from them.

2. They are placed in RAM, specifically in the shared RAM space. More details are in this application note: i.MX RT1170 Dual Core Application (nxp.com)

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

ping1
Contributor V

Hi, Omar

Thanks for reply.

1. is it possible to modify project setting to become linked project after it is created? I tried to create two projects, but not running.

2. Thanks for the document, so, the slave image has to run from RAM, is it merged together with the master one after compiling? and they all stay in flash before running?

Regards!

Ping 

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. Yes, in the multicore settings of MCULinker. You can base on the multicore examples, e.g.:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1708130090229.png

2. Yes, M4 is loaded to RAM through the M7 project.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

ping1
Contributor V

Hi, Omar,

Thanks for reply!

1.  Must be more information needed to change a project to be a master one and working, right? any special configuration for memory? I noticed hello_world master example is configured differently, but not sure why, and also more components needs to be include like multicore related ones, tried and so far, still not be able to run, I am using my own application which is based on freeRTOS, not sure that is a issue or not, anyway, no success so far.

2. Good, thanks.

Regards!

Ping 

0 Kudos