cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1064 hangs when after a low voltage event

SimoneT
Contributor I

Hi, 

We are developing a board based on RT1064.

The board has a voltage supervisor which acts @ 2.93V resetting the uC via POR_B as visible in the attached schematic page.

Problem is that the voltage supervisor only function 80% of times when slowly decreasing voltage, sometimes the micro hangs before the reset signal goes low and cannot be waken up unless the power supply is shutted down and then on again.

It also happens when we remove the external voltage supervisor: at around 3V the micro becomes unresponsive and even when voltage is restored to full 3.3V it doesn't restart.

This is pretty strange, alse because in the RT1064EVB there is a voltage supervisor which acts at around 2.63V

I know that there is a Low Voltage Detector inside the micro but cannot understande clearly how it works, if it let the micro go to standby and how to change the voltage trashehold to make the voltage supervisor acts before it hangs.

My questions are:

1) Is the integrated LVD only used to DETECT low voltage events or does it really make the micro goes in standby?

2) Is it possibile to set the trashehold voltage of the LVD? in the reference manual we saw a value (4173_6166h) what does it stands for? 

3) Is it possible to have the micro to automatically restart when voltage goes back to 3.3V?

thanks!!

0 Kudos
0 Replies