RT1024 flashloader example - NO_INTERNAL_FLASH?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1024 flashloader example - NO_INTERNAL_FLASH?

GoatRope
Contributor II

The flashloader sample app for RT1024 has: 

#define BL_FEATURE_HAS_NO_INTERNAL_FLASH (1)

I changed to 0 thinking I need to - in order to write internal flash - but then code requires [nonexistent] fsl_flash.h and more. What am I missing here? FWIW I see references in the sample to 1050. 

I am in the process of adapting the sample app build to start in flash ( e.g. ResetISR ) , copy code to RAM and run in RAM so my bootloader is not straight out of the box. I see there is also a flash_component_nor sample - must I include/adapt that code? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @GoatRope ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Please note, RT1024 internal flash is not the real internal flash, in fact, it is still the external flash, just put one winbond QSPI flash internally, still need the flexSPI interface to communicate with the winbond qspi flash.

So, don't set BL_FEATURE_HAS_NO_INTERNAL_FLASH to 0, as it is really not the real internal flash.

For the internal flash operation, please refer to the SDK code:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder?hw=MIMXRT1024-EVK

SDK_2_14_0_MIMXRT1024-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1024\driver_examples\fsl_romapi

This ROM API code will help you do the internal flash(winbond QSPI) operation.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

GoatRope
Contributor II

Probably a confusing artifact of RT1050 code. I see BL_FEATURE_FLEXSPI_NOR_MODULE which appears to take care of requirements.

0 Kudos