OTA SBL enable ISP when using local U-Disk OTA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA SBL enable ISP when using local U-Disk OTA

charliechen6
Contributor I

Heya, on the MCU-OTA SBL SFW user guide section 7.2.3, it implies that to use the (U-Disk) local OTA, the ISP functionality has to be disabled:

SBL local OTA.JPG

1. Is it possible to get some clarification on whether ISP can be enabled/used when using two copies remap mode and update FW via local OTA?
  2. Target is the MIMXRT1170 EVK kit
  3. I have managed to get the local OTA work with SBL and SFW using a u-disk, by following the guide mentioned above.
  4. Leaving the ISP enabled (and not changing anything else) will cause the program to crash. Not sure why.

Any help will be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charliechen6 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I understood that you do not really the need U-disk for  OTA update. You simply need  dual image support and use ISP mode to update over BLHOST, correct?

Could you describe further the issue about program crash? Is the SBL failing to execute, the app , or the OTA process? 

I am currently investigating why we need to disable ISP mode in OTA. 

Diego

0 Kudos

charliechen6
Contributor I

Hi Diego,

Thanks for the reply. 

We DO need the U-disk for OTA update, as well as the ISP as our secondary means to write the flash. Hence the question about enabling ISP when using local U-disk OTA.

The specific crash happens here, if that helps:

image.png

Let me know if you need the binary images of both the SBL and app to replicate the issue. Thanks

kind regards,

Charlie

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charliechen6 

Thanks for the clarification! let me check and get back to you. 

Diego

0 Kudos