cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT685-AUD-EVK - how to modify pin configuration for DSP project

Alex_SRL
Contributor II

Hi,

I'd like to add HW peripherals controlled by HiFi4 dsp code to existing example project but seems that the pin configuration file (*.mex) only exists for the ARM code, but not for the dsp code.

Do I need to modify the pin_mux.c in dsp folder to add a peripheral device or there is a way to do it with MCUxpresso Config Tools like with the arm core?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Alex_SRL,

I'm afraid the HiFi4 DSP does not have ConfigTools compatibility. In MCUXpresso IDE, if you click on "ConfigTools" on the top menu bar and then select "Data Manager" a window opens with all of the tool's compatibility with different products. Sadly, the HiFi4 DSP is not listed in this window, so it does not have any compatibility with ConfigTools.

EdwinHz_0-1707514532691.png

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

Alex_SRL
Contributor II

Hi @EdwinHz , thanks for the reply.

I've looked at dsp_audio_demo_bm_hifi4 project, and it has pin_mux.c and pin_mux.h in the "board" folder. These files that appear to be generated by MCUXpresso config tools (although they are part of the dsp HiFi4 project) - see the below from pin_mux.c from dsp_audio_demo_bm_hifi4 (see below):

Alex_SRL_0-1707694707513.png

So is the correct way to configure pins for HiFi4 is to use MCUXpresso Config tools to generate/update pin_mux.c and pin_mux.h files for HiFi4 source and then add that file to the HiFi4 project folder?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos