MIMXRT1064-EVK: i.MX RT1064 Evaluation Kit - Does the External +5V DC in work. It doesnt for me.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1064-EVK: i.MX RT1064 Evaluation Kit - Does the External +5V DC in work. It doesnt for me.

Jump to solution
k2
Contributor III
Spoiler
Does the External +5V DC in work. It doesnt for me.

I tried a 5V 2A  AC/DC supply. Plugged it with jumper set to 1-2 on J1. The 5V gets dragged down to .3V ... Also the power switch does nothing (schematic shows its not functional as well). 

So i was hoping to see if the USB Host examples would work if i used external 5V power instead of the USB power i'm giving it now.

Does this external 5V supply work for anybody ? I think its not supported at best. Else i don't know the magic on this ? Looks pretty straightforward. It just doesnt  work - no matter what button's i have tried.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @k2 ,

Yes, the MIMXRT1064-EVK can work with the external 5V DC, please check this following information:

kerryzhou_0-1626661114773.png

You also need to connect J2 to 1-2, seems you already modify this jump, but you said, after you plug in your 5V, the voltage is down to 3V, seems your external DC power has issues to drive the EVK board, do you have any other DC power? You can change one and test it again.

SW1 also need to turn on, do you turn on it?

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @k2 ,

Yes, the MIMXRT1064-EVK can work with the external 5V DC, please check this following information:

kerryzhou_0-1626661114773.png

You also need to connect J2 to 1-2, seems you already modify this jump, but you said, after you plug in your 5V, the voltage is down to 3V, seems your external DC power has issues to drive the EVK board, do you have any other DC power? You can change one and test it again.

SW1 also need to turn on, do you turn on it?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos