MIMXRT1062DVJ6B- issue when Flash code into custom mounted PCB, Programming W25Q16JVUXIQ flash chip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1062DVJ6B- issue when Flash code into custom mounted PCB, Programming W25Q16JVUXIQ flash chip

AnilRathod
Contributor II
Hello NXP Team,

I am using MIMXRT1062DVJ6B processor in my custom board and for programming use MCUXpresso IDE.

OS System : Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

IDE used: MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.1

SDK version : 2.14.1

For Custom board development we are using MIMXRT1060-EVKC-DESIGNFILES as a reference. According to design file we have use W25Q16JVUXIQ TR QSPI for flashing code into it. We are using Segger J-Link V2 for dump code (.hex) into custom board using JTAG (SWD) 20-pin connector.

AnilRathod_0-1716443958263.png

QSPI pin connection with MIMXRT1062DVJ6B mention below

AnilRathod_1-1716444930714.png
So, above connections are correct or not for QSPI communication with IMXRT controller can you please verify?

Now, When i am trying to flash code into my custom board i am facing below error in MCUXpresso IDE Console. So, How i can resolve this error?

AnilRathod_2-1716445340064.png

I have also tried with JLink_Linux_V796h software using JFlashExe but have noticed same problem

AnilRathod_3-1716445687001.png

For flashing output file .hex into QSPI, I need to develop any firmware code for my custom board MIMXRT1062DVJ6B or any settings require in IDE?

Another thing Before Programming into custom board I am using SW5 Switch as a boot configuration mode. So, any configuration required before code dump into QSPI using my custom board?.
Here, I am little bit confused how this switch works? It's work like a my IMXRT1062 processor switch between Boot mode and Application mode according to configuration. when i need to upload code that time change configuration to boot mode and after uploading code again change to configuration to run in application mode?
AnilRathod_0-1716471394035.png

For that we refer switch same as SW4 which define boot mode of MIMXRT1060-EVKB.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

From your QSPI, they are correct to communicate with FlexSPI however you will not be able to boot from that memory as the ROM will not find the device on that configuration.
Please refer to Table 9-1 from the Reference Manual to check how to connect the booting device. This is the configuration used on the EVK:

Omar_Anguiano_1-1717020676995.png

The BT_CFG[] signals are required for proper functionality and operation and shall not be left floating during development if BT_CFG[] fuses and BT_FUSE_SEL are not configured.
You can leave Boot_Mode  pins floating if you are using boot from fuses, that means that the boot configuration is taken from the boot fuses instead of the boot_cfg pins.
Otherwise, boot_mode needs to be externally terminated so the correct boot mode is chosen correctly.

Please refer to the Hardware Development Guide.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

AnilRathod
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply Omar.

Yes I am agree with your suggestion, I have gone through Reference Manual and check with FlexSPI pin which used on the EVK.

But here i am stuck because in our custom board Our Hardware person change the FlexSPI pin which i mention earlier (L13,J13,H12,H11,G12,J14). So is there any work around to change default pin to according our pins is there any modification in IDE or any configuration file which allow to do that. So Custom board able to boot from that memory and the ROM will find our custom configuration pin define and flash code into QSPI.

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You will need to use the 2nd pin option, please go to the referred chapter to change this option:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1717088807964.png

You will need to change the state of the Boot_CFG pin. 

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

AnilRathod
Contributor II

Hello Omar Thanks for your support.

I have gone through Boot_CFG option in IMXRT1060 Processor Reference Manual.

image002.png

For enabling secondary pinmux for booting, BOOT_CFG2 needs to be set to 111. So, How i can write to fusemap registers in my custom board?. I have also gone through different cases regarding for the same but i didn't get solution. I have also try with NXP MCU Boot Utility using HID for access fuse registers but i didn't connect with MCU Boot Utility.

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can burn the fuses with Secure Provisioning Tool. For this, the device needs to be on serial download mode(Boot_Mode = b01). 

Before burning the fuses you need to make sure that the configuration is ideal for your booting device so first try using the boot_cfg pins on internal boot (boot_mode = b10). 
Remember that fuses cannot be rewritten so we must be sure about the configuration.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

AnilRathod
Contributor II

Hello NXP Team,

Any suggestion from your side, It would be really help me to resolve out this problem.

0 Kudos