cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso IDE SWO interrupt trace overflow IMX-RT1064

_Chris_
Contributor II

Hello all,

At this moment I'm are working on a custom board with an IMX-RT1064. To investigate some ISR jitter problems I want to use SWO interrupt tracing to check for any issues.

I'm using MCUXpresso MCUXpresso IDE v11.7.1 [Build 9221] [2023-03-28] + SDK 2.13 + IMX-RT1064 + MCU-Link-PRO V3.108

I managed to get the SWO interrupt tracing working on our custom board but have issues with SWO buffer overflows just after interrupts are traced. The SysTick interrupt is Ok, but all other interrupts seem to generate overflows.

These overflows “blackout for a short time” the next interrupts we would like to investigate.

image.png

All other SWO trace options seem to work ok.

To be sure this is not an issue with our software I took a simple demo project

“evkmimxrt1064_freertos_generic” enabled the SWO tracing pin and enabled the trace clock. 

This resulted in similar issues when just a single interrupt triggers.

image.png

To eliminate any issues with our custom hardware I used the MIMXRT1064-EVK board with the onboard debug-probe which has been flased with: LPC-LINK2-CMSIS-DAP V5.361 to run the same “evkmimxrt1064_freertos_generic”.

Again same issue

image.pngimage.png

I tried to:

- Use CoreClk 600MHz + Trace 132MHz -> no effect

- Use CoreClk 528MHz + Trace 132MHz -> no effect

- Increased SWO ITM rxBuffer reading timeout  -> no effect

Is this a known issue ? 

What can I try to get this working ?

Best regards,

Christiaan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

From the SWO trace behavior, your RT1064 EVK board already remove R309 resistor.

Hui_Ma_0-1691118999194.png

The latest SDK for RT1064 is V2.14.0, which provides a demo [hello_world_swo] at demo_apps folder.

Hardware requirements

=====================

- Micro USB cable

- EVK-MIMXRT1064 board

- Personal Computer

- Jlink

Board settings

==============

1. Remove jumper of J47, J48, J49, J50

Prepare the Demo

================

1. Connect a USB cable between the host PC and the OpenSDA USB port on the target board. This is used only to power the board.

2. Connect Jlink to J21 as debugger and SWO probe.

3. Download the program to the target board. This step needs to change the project settings according to the IDE used, please refer to AN13234.

4. Either press the reset button on your board or launch the debugger in your IDE to begin running the demo.

More detailed info, please refer demo readme.txt file.

Wish it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos