cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues found on "evkmimxrt1060_aws_device_configuration_enet" exmple project

kjlee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I followed the instructions stated on readme file of "evkmimxrt1060_aws_device_configuration_enet" example project to create AWS account, flash the image into i.MXRT1060 and load the Android appl into the Nexus phone. The phone is able to find IoT device (i.MXRT1060) and configure the flash (ex: thing name, cert and private key …) if not done yet. After successful configuration, IoT device (i.MXRT1060) is able to connect with AWS cloud and update the shadow periodically. Afterward, I ran the MQTT/shadow demo on the phone which reported MQTT connection error after time out. May I know what could be wrong in my setting?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

kjlee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kerry,

After many iterations of try/error with info obtained online, one of many smoking guns happens to be the right one. The problem is what stating on this “readme” file is not totally correct. For example, step 7 to prepare the preference file is stating ==  “customer_specific_endpoint=<ACCOUNT ID>.iot.<REGION>.amazonaws.com”.

Instead of ACCOUNT ID, it should be your targeted THING API endpoint ID. With it corrected, MQTT is connected and device shadow is accessible. No further action is required from your end. Many thanks for your attentions and supports in the past.

Regards,

KJ

Screenshot_2019-06-14-14-11-28-MQTT_shadow_operation.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kj Lee,

You are right, the .properties file

customer_specific_endpoint=<REST API ENDPOINT>

Take an example:

customer_specific_endpoint= a215vehc5uw107-ats.iot.us-east-1.amazonaws.com

I will report this bug to our according department.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solved, please help me to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thank you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kjlee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kerry,

Your understanding is correct. The instruction in "Readme.txt" had been followed with two exceptions. One is the directory of this Android application which is obviously incorrect. The second one is I have to modify "aws_clientcredential.h" and "aws_clientcredential_keys.h" with cert and private key obtained under "things_name" to have reliable operation while finding IoT devices. The configuration function ran very well but not "AWS shadow".

Regards,

KJ 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kj Lee,

Could please also post the new updated information which you sent me in the email in this post, just share it in this question post to close this case, thank you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kj Lee,

Do you mean, if you use the SDK's device_configuration_android and the device_configuration_enet, you have no problems, but when you use MQTT/shadow demo on the phone, you have the error.

Could you tell me where you get the MQTT/shadow demo on the phone, could you also share some picture about it?

Do you check the AWS system, whether it is correct or not?

I find you are my colleague, actually, if you have the problems, you can post the question to our internal side:

AWS IoT Support 

https://community.nxp.com/groups/rt-internal 

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

kjlee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kerry,

As stated as step #8 on "ReadMe.txt" file, " 8. To run Android application do either:

a) install and run pre-build apk on Android device (<SDK_Repository>\boards\<board_name>\aws_examples\remote_control\android\AwsRemoteControl.apk)

b) open project in Android Studio, build it, attach Android device and Run application"

The actual directory is "\SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060_MCUXpresso\boards\evkmimxrt1060\aws_examples\device_configuration_android" which is different.

I do believe some AWS setting might be wrong. I can't be sure MQTT client connection should work in un-authentication role registered under Congnito. I also suspect whether this demo could run with mini Android sdk version of 21 (for Lollipop). Below is the picture of Android appl as you requested. "MQTT connection status" will display as "error" after time out. Let me know if you need further information to duplicate/debug this issue?

I was referred by Frank/Daniel to post my question here. If there is an internal site, please advise.

Screenshot_2019-06-07-18-51-10-MQTT-connection.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kj Lee,

Thank you for your updated information.

Now, let me double check your question again.

You are using SDK code:

SDK_2.5.1_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\aws_examples\device_configuration_enet

Andriod for your phone is:

SDK_2.5.1_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\aws_examples\device_configuration_android\AwsDeviceConfiguration.apk

And you totally follow readme.txt in folder SDK_2.5.1_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\aws_examples\device_configuration_enet

But, the phone android app MQTT connection is failed, is it right?

If yes, please give me more time, I will run it on my side, just check whether I meet the same problems as you or not, I have run the kinetis aws enet code in the previous time, that works ok, but I didn't test the RT this aws code, if you are really totally following the SDK readme, but still have problems, I will try to reproduce it, if I meet the same problem, I will report it to our according department.

Please help to confirm it.

About the internal site, it seems you can't enter it, I will send you the email about the details.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos