Introduce 19MB header file compilation and saving stuck

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce 19MB header file compilation and saving stuck

stq001
Contributor I

The project introduces  big array header files, but there is a stuttering and freezing state when saving and compiling. The chip is RT1170, and the compilation software is MCUXpresso IDE v11.9.1_2170

stq001_0-1716521620929.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @stq001 ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide serivce for you.

1. Before you introduce the 19MB data to the project, you need to make sure your used flash is enough to use.

The original evkmimxrt1170_lvgl_guider_cm7 project, default flash size is 16MB, do you modify it to larger size?

kerryzhou_0-1716530318986.png

It's better to share your memory detials situation.

2. About the stuttering and freezing state 

This is caused by the IDE is in the building status, to this situation, normally, when you click the build, don't click the IDE any button anymore, just let the IDE do the build by itself, it may need more time.

In fact, even you build original evkmimxrt1170_lvgl_guider_cm7 project, it also needs time, not quickly.

From my own experience, if during the large project building, click the IDE window, it may cuase the stuttering and freezing state, so I won't click the IDE window after I do the build.

If your flash size is large enough in your IDE settings, you can try my method again, just wait, after the build finished, the IDE will be normal again.

Wish it helps you!

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry 

0 Kudos

stq001
Contributor I

1. The 19MB data is in text size, and the actual binary file is 3MB. I allocated 3MB of space to the flash, which is sufficient.

2. When I copied and pasted the content of the generated conversion from a 3M binary file into the project's head file, I clicked on save for about 2 hours, which was too long. After the compilation was completed, about 1M of data was available, and the remaining part of the data was not available.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @stq001 ,

Another way suggest to you, as the debugger communicate speed is limit.

I think, when your app size is too large, you can generate the app, then use the tool download it in serail download mode.

Eg, you can use the MCUbootutility or the SEC(mcuxpresso secure provional tool), that will use the USB interface download it, more quick.

Please note, when you use the sdram, you also need to add the DCD in the tool:

1. MCUbootutility

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/releases/tag/v6.2.0
the related user manual is:
https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility

2. SEC tool

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools...

Please try the above tool, choose 1 is OK, then use the USB HID to download the app again, that will be more quick.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos