Internal Events

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Events

kurt_staubli
Contributor III

I am new in MIMXRT1062 and our goal is to use it as a motor controller. RT1062 has XBAR to connect various peripherals with each other. 

If I would like to measure the exact timing of events. I tried to connect an event via XBAR to a GPIO, connect an oscilloscope to that GPIO and expected to be able to see a change on the GPIO.

I took an example: evkmimxrt1060_adc_etc_software_trigger_conv. A Trigger is set up there. I used the Pins-Tool to route the trigger to a GPIO. Problem here: I cannot use kXBARA1_OutputAdcEtcXbar0Trig0 as a XBAR input and route it to a GPIO output (hence the ‘Output’ in kXBARA1_OutputAdcEtcXbar0Trig0).

But I can setup something like this with Pins-Tool:

XBARA_SetSignalsConnection(XBARA1, kXBARA1_InputAdcEtcXbar0Coco0, kXBARA1_OutputIomuxXbarInout17);

But the GPIO remains low whenever a conversion is done.

So, the question remains: How can I use XBAR to make internal events visible on an oscilloscope?

My Hardware / Software configuration is this:

MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1

SDK 2.4.0

Pins for i.MX Version 5.0

EVK-MIMXRT1060 board

I have attached my modified version of adc_etc_software_trigger_conv.c

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

kurt_staubli
Contributor III

Hi Kerry,

I know that I do not call

XBARA_Init(DEMO_XBARA_BASEADDR);

But I call

CLOCK_EnableClock(kCLOCK_Xbar1);

on line 98, which is similar.

Next thing I will do is upgrade the SDK and IDE. I am still on 2.4.0. I am pessimistic that this would help to solve the problem.

Regards,

Kurt

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kurt Staubli,

You can try the newest SDK code, and I suggest you test it based on xbara project.

If you still have problems, you can send me your whole project, I will help you to test it when I have time, recently, really a lot of case in the queue, thanks a lot for your understanding.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kurt Staubli,

Do you refer the xbara project at first?

Which you can find the project from SDK folder:

SDK_2.5.1_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\driver_examples\xbara

In you code, you even didn't init the xbara module:

/* Init xbara module. */
    XBARA_Init(DEMO_XBARA_BASEADDR);

So, please refer to the official xbara project, and modify your code again.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kurt_staubli
Contributor III

Hi Kerry

In the example ( see attachment adc_etc_software_trigger_conv.c ) I use two pins: 

• GPIO_AD_B0_03 is connected via XBAR to kXBARA1_InputAdcEtcXbar0Coco0 and, as mentioned, does not change, remains low. This is about my original question.
  • The second pin, GPIO_AD_B0_02, toggles whenever the interrupt handler (EXAMPLE_ADC_ETC_DONE0_Handler) is called. I use it to trigger the oscilloscope only (and to prove that I am at least able to toggle a pin. And I can hereby assure that I can).

So, yes, the GPIO toggles, but I would like to control a pin directly through XBAR. Why? I would like to see when an internal event occurs without any delay. This is just for debugging.

Regards,

Kurt

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kurt Staubli,

Thanks for your updated information.

I will check more detail on my side, please give me more time.

Any updated information from side, I will let you know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kurt Staubli ,

I have a question, if you don't use the XBAR trigger, can you toggle the GPIO pin which you needed?

Just check the GPIO pin configuration at first.

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.
Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos