cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of S-bus in IMXRT1176 controller

Jeevan
Contributor III

Hi team,

We are using IMXRT1176 controller, kindly do let us know how to configure or implement the S-bus protocol in the above-mentioned controller using the MCUxpresso IDE so that it will give us an idea on the feasibility of implementation of S-bus protocol.

Initially we are planning to use an eval board also "IMXRT1170 EVK board". Please do let us know the s-bus implementation in the mentioned eval board also.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

Do you refer to the System Management Bus (SMBus)? There is no any reference about S-Bus or SBUS in the i.MX RTs.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

Jeevan
Contributor III

Hi @_Leo_ 

We are interfacing one "temperature & humidity sensor" (SHT-15) with the imxrt1176 controller and the data sheet of the sensor is attached below.

Kindly suggest if the mentioned sensor works by interfacing it with the I2C pins of the imxrt1176 controller. 

0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The datasheet of the sensor you mention states that it is not compatible with I2C interfaces. 

_Leo__0-1705704785287.png

Also the Serial Interface (Bidirectional 2-wire) that such part use is no compatible with any of the interfaces of the RT1170.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Maybe you can consult our Sensor portfolio to check if any of our devices match with your needs.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

Jeevan
Contributor III

Hi @_Leo_ ,

Do you have any idea whether we can implement the same above sensor using normal GPIO pins as you have mentioned its not compatible with I2C pins.?

0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi again,

The datasheet that you share with us is the one that mentions that it is not compatible with I2C.

I must admit that your question is difficult to answer because we do not have something similar developed. And you will need to develop your own driver, which will not me a trivial task.

But for that you can refer to the 4.3.2.1 General purpose I/O (GPIO) AC parameters section of the datasheet.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos