IMXRT1173 SDK DFU-Util does it actually work for Win64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1173 SDK DFU-Util does it actually work for Win64

Desmond_lim
Contributor III

Does the SDK DFU-Util works for the upload?

I finally managed to get the download of the dfu-util work but, I am not sure if this is just a gimmick that is fooling me if that works.  I am trying to verify using different methods but seems like most of it is unsuccessful and I am pretty much down the the last resorts of doing a memory dumping (which I will do it a bit later anyhow).

Below are some of the methods I tried and all failed miserably. I am not sure if there is something wrong with the SDK code but I have done some studies and they seem ok.

1. Doing an uploading of the file.

After download the file to the location, I will do an upload to verify the content I downloaded. Unfortunately, I cannot. It shows Error during upload (LIBUSB_ERROR_TYPE). I download using WinUSB but why is it reporting LIBUSB_ERROR_TYPE instead?

Desmond_lim_0-1669112210784.png

2. Break points on the dfu.c files. This wont work because I cannot simply stop the transfer half way. But, I was hoping that I can catch something at the beginning of the transfer or after the transfer. Anyway, none is working. I dont have any single idea on how to do if there is a bug in the code next time. Any idea?

3. Putting the usb_echo printing in the code. I was hoping at least this will give me something but completely nothing coming out!!! Dont understand why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. But, I can honestly say that when I added in usb_echo in the dfu state functions, it is not printing anything out completely. Dont know why and hard to understand why this simple thing is not working.

4. Memory Dump. (Yet to try but will try and hopefully it works.) But, even if it works, I still prefer everything I did above works as well. 

Thanks.

Best regards,

Desmond

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Desmond_lim ,

I'm sorry but are you sure your board can work correctly? Besides the USB DFU demo, can any other demo in SDK debug and run? Do you use your own board? Have you set RT1173 to internal boot mode?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos