IMXRT1060 can we develope the application with SDRAM_Debug or flexspi_nor_debug ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1060 can we develope the application with SDRAM_Debug or flexspi_nor_debug ?

Jump to solution
naresh2
Contributor I

Hi, i am using IMRT1062xx6A controller using IAR IDE Workbench,when we look into example codes there is multiples workspaces options SDRAM_Debug, SDRAM_Release  and flexspi_nor_debug workspace etc.

can we develope the application with SDRAM Debug workspace, here SDRAM is external memory  when we power off it will loss the data, how will store application hex file in the SDRAM. can we use this  SDRAM Debug option to devlope the applcatin or do we need to use flexspi_nor_debug workspace need to use ? please can you help me out on this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @naresh2 

Certainly you can develop  application that has code residing on SRAM or flash . But I think that it depends on what you are trying to achieve and which  amount of resources do you have available. If you want to avoid having the power loss problem, and make development simpler I think that storing application directly in flash  is a simpler way.  Unless that you still need to run some  functions on SRAM.  

Let me know if you are having more concerns that we could address.

Please accept my apologies for the delay. 

Diego.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
naresh2
Contributor I

Hi Charles,

I am using controller is IMXRT1060, IDE is : IAR Embedded workbench 8.40.1

My question would be when we select SDRAM DEBUG region, where our Application(hex file) will store and from where it will run ? SDRAM or SRAM, please let me know. I have attached the image for workspace for the reference please check.

Actually the SDRAM is volatile memory data will be lose after power off, but after power of board also the application is running, how is it possible how its retaing the data ?

Regards,

Naresh

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @naresh2 

Certainly you can develop  application that has code residing on SRAM or flash . But I think that it depends on what you are trying to achieve and which  amount of resources do you have available. If you want to avoid having the power loss problem, and make development simpler I think that storing application directly in flash  is a simpler way.  Unless that you still need to run some  functions on SRAM.  

Let me know if you are having more concerns that we could address.

Please accept my apologies for the delay. 

Diego.

0 Kudos