cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX28 SPI Problem

mustafa_bakirci
Contributor I

Hello,

I have been working with TQMA28 ( IMX28 Processor ) board. I need to implement wilc1000 wifi module to the stater kit. But I have an issue about the SPI. The atwilc1000 wifi module is full duplex spi slave and IMX28 is working only half duplex spi master mode. I have read about this issue in that forum,but there are no solution about how to make the IMX28 SPI work as full duplex. I implemented wifi module device driver to the linux and then I tried it make it work, but wifi module have to speak with host with full duplex mode. So I need solution or recomendation about at kernel level programming or modification.  

I would be very greatful any recomendations and ideas. Besides that, If you have any linux kernel gpio-bitbanging example about the spi it would be helpful too.

Best Regards,

Mustafa

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mustafa

i.MX28 spi limitations and workarounds are described on

Can the imx28 spi work in duplex mode 

for usage spi bitbanging oen can look on common linux resources like:

linux - Bit Bang with SPI (fwirte, write performance) - Stack Overflow 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------