cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX RT1170 programming in production process

Eugene3
Contributor II

Hi

I'm developing a custom board with RT1170.

Do you have any tool which can be used for programming flash via SDW or JTAG in production process?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hello @Eugene3 ,
The utility that can help you in the production stage is the MCUxpresso Secure Provisioning Tool version 8.0, in this software there is a "Manufacturing tool" section where you can load the image to several Boards at the same time, the following image shows where this tool is located:

Habib_Melchor_Santos_0-1714157474425.png

For more information about how this tool works, you can review chapter 5.7 of the document called MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool User Guide v.8 which can be found in the following link:  MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool | NXP Semiconductors

It is important to highlight that this tool is only available from version 8 of the MCUxpresso secure provisioning tool, so it is important that you have it.

BR,

Habib.

0 Kudos

Eugene3
Contributor II

Hi @Habib_Melchor_Santos 

Thank you for your help.

I'd like to program RT1170 by SWD or JTAG in the production stage.

Is it possible with this tool? I could only find ways to program using USB or UART.

Hello Again @Eugene3 ,

The most practical way to do programming in production process is through Manufacturing tool. However, it does not support SWD or JLINK, so if you want to use any of these, there are two ways:

The first, but not the most efficient, is to do it through the link server with commands, programming each card individually. This is the tool that the MCUxpresso IDE uses to load an image, so if you are interested in using this option, I provide you with a link that can help you: LinkServer for Microcontrollers | MCU on Eclipse.

The second is with a tool from the suppliers, either SEGGER or PEMICRO, however, you have to see this directly with them to process the corresponding licenses and thus be able to use their tool.

BR,

Habib.

0 Kudos