How to initialize Bluetooth in Murata's WIFI/Bluetooth module in RT1060/RT1176

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to initialize Bluetooth in Murata's WIFI/Bluetooth module in RT1060/RT1176

Vinos
Contributor III

Hello,I am using MURATA's WIFI/Bluetooth module LBEE5KL1DX-883, and in the example " evkmimxrt1060_wiced_ble_4343W" of RT1060 SDK v2.9.3,both WIFI and BLE are implemented.I see that the following function is called to initialize BLE after initializing WIFI:

void hello_sensor_start(void)
{
    wiced_bt_stack_init(hello_sensor_management_callback, &wiced_bt_cfg_settings, wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pools);
}

And I have the same module on the RT1176 board, so I ported the code of this example from RT1060 to RT1176, and then called hello_sensor_start() function, wiced_bt_stack_init returns 0, indicating normal. But the program did not respond. The callback function hello_sensor_management_callback has not been called. Because the entire bluetooth protocol stack is based on the libwicedble.a library, I can't see the execution process inside. Is there any step I missed?

-----

I found that the library is sending 0x01 0x03 0x0c 0x00 to the module, but the Bluetooth module did not reply. What could be the cause?

What is the purpose of the firmware directory in the SDK, and do I still need to manually flash the Bluetooth firmware for this module?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Since this module is no longer supported on the RT family, it's very hard for us to tell where the problem might be since this is an old SDK release and different MCUs. This porting effort includes migrating the app from an old SDK version, to a whole different device and SDK.

If you would like to use wireless connectivity along with the RT1170, I'd recommend you to get one of the supported modules. You can see all the supported modules in UM11441.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos