How to configure resisitive touch screen with i.MXRT1052?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure resisitive touch screen with i.MXRT1052?

Jump to solution
dimitarmarinov
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to get the TSC controller running on an RT1052 board.

There is driver for TSC in the SDK. There are functions to initialise the TSC module and to configure it.

Unfortunately there is no working example in the SDK.

From the refference manual, I do not understand how the pins for TSC should be configured. If I use the Pins tool, I choose GPIO_AD_B1_11, GPIO_AD_B1_12, GPIO_AD_B1_13, GPIO_AD_B1_14 and GPIO_AD_B1_15 as both ADC_IN and GPIO, no pull-ups, no keepers and keepers disabled. Is this correct?

Then how to configure the ADC channels? What clock to use?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dimitar Marinov ,

Thanks for your reply.
I've reattached the Fig, please check it.
1) Then do I need to configure 2 trigger chains with a length of 1?
-- Yes, you're right.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RLennox
Contributor I

Were you ever able to get this working? I am currently facing the same issues.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dimitar Marinov ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) I choose GPIO_AD_B1_11, GPIO_AD_B1_12, GPIO_AD_B1_13, GPIO_AD_B1_14 and GPIO_AD_B1_15 as both ADC_IN and GPIO, no pull-ups, no keepers and keepers disabled. Is this correct?
-- Yes, it's correct.
2) Then how to configure the ADC channels?
-- As the attachment shows.

pastedImage_1.png
3) What clock to use?
-- I'm very sure what the question means, whether you can clarify it.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dimitarmarinov
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt answer. 

I do not see an attachment in your answer.

What I can guess from the reference manual, for 4 wire touch screen, I should use ADC2 channels 1-4. Then External Trigger should be configured. The  TSC_BYPASS and EXT0_TRIG_ENABLE bits should be set in ADC_ETC. Then do I need to configure 2 trigger chains with length of 1?

Regarding the ADC clock, I guess the convertion speed is not important, and the state machine of TSC analogue is controlled by separate timings.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dimitar Marinov ,

Thanks for your reply.
I've reattached the Fig, please check it.
1) Then do I need to configure 2 trigger chains with a length of 1?
-- Yes, you're right.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos