GPIO_SNVS_Pins as Wakeup-Source

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO_SNVS_Pins as Wakeup-Source

sajithdevidas
Contributor III

Hi, I am working with the i.MX-RT1170  (Part No: RT1176AVM8A) and MCUXpresso IDE. I need to configure GPIO pins for waking up the source. Currently, I'm putting the controller into sleep and waking it up through the default wake-up pin (T8). Now, I need to configure the GPIO pins for this purpose. I have configured the GPIO_SNVS_02 pin as shown in the picture

sajithdevidas_0-1708079401719.pngsajithdevidas_1-1708079417814.png

However, the controller is not waking up. What will be the reason, what should I do next?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lucas_cao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The 10 SNVS GPIO pins cannot be used as the wakeup source.

if you want to use a GPIO as a wakeup source, please use WAKEUP PIN. 

And the following errata is the root cause. When i wrote AN13104, i didn't know this errata and this AN needs to update.

lucas_cao_0-1708506867514.png

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I reviewed the information on the reference manual pin mux the pin does not have support for wake-up.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

sajithdevidas
Contributor III

Hi,

As per AN13104, it states that it is possible to wake up through other GPIOs as well.

To the best of my knowledge, the RT1176AVM8A does not have any tamper functions. Therefore, it should be possible to wake up through all 10 SNVS pins.

However, currently, it is only able to wake up with the T8 pin. Are there any other pins apart from this that can be used for wakeup?

Thanks in advance.

sajithdevidas_0-1708497682606.png

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Spoiler
Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, let me get into your case and when I have more information, I will contact you.

Best regards,
Pavel
0 Kudos