FatFS library support for sudden voltage drops (version R0.14b)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FatFS library support for sudden voltage drops (version R0.14b)

oayastuy
Contributor II

Subject: Inquiry about FatFS library support for sudden voltage drops (version R0.14b)

Dear community,

I am an embedded systems developer currently working on a project based on the NXP i.MX RT1170 microcontroller. As part of my project, I am exploring different options for implementing file systems, and I am considering using the FatFS library in its R0.14b version, which is available in the NXP SDK.

However, before proceeding further, I would like to gather insights regarding the handling of sudden voltage drops in the FatFS library. Sudden voltage drops are a common concern in embedded systems, and ensuring data integrity during such events is crucial for the reliability of the system.

I have noticed that some file systems, such as LittleFS, emphasize their ability to handle sudden voltage drops and ensure data integrity. I am curious to know if the FatFS library also addresses this issue and if there are specific measures implemented to mitigate potential negative effects.

Any information or experiences shared by the community regarding the sudden voltage drops problem would be greatly appreciated. I am eager to learn from your insights and experiences to make an informed decision about the inclusion of the FatFS library in my project.

Thank you in advance for your contributions and assistance.

Best regards,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have information regarding the FatFS library apart from the one I share previously.

We also have examples included on the SDK of the RT1170 if you require an example of how the library work.

Please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

We currently have available the following documentation regarding the FatFS  library  and it is not mentioned how it manage the sudden voltage drops.

And regarding the library we also have the examples of the SDK that I think you already saw and if not I recommend to give a look into them.

MSD FATFS API Reference Manual

MSD FATFS Users Guide

Please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

0 Kudos

oayastuy
Contributor II

Thank you for your response and for providing documentation of the FatFS library!

I appreciate the time you've taken to address my inquiry. However, I'm still interested in obtaining more details on how the FatFS library handles sudden voltage drops. Since data integrity during such events is critical in embedded systems, I was wondering if you could provide additional information on this aspect.

Has NXP conducted specific tests or do you have additional information on how FatFS addresses data integrity during sudden voltage drops? I would like to better understand the measures implemented to mitigate potential negative effects in such situations.

Additionally, I'd like to learn about NXP's experience with the FatFS library in similar projects. Have you encountered specific challenges in terms of data integrity during unstable voltage events? Or have you identified effective strategies to ensure the reliability of systems using FatFS under these conditions?

If FatFS is not the most suitable option for my project, could you please suggest which file system NXP recommends including? It would be helpful to have guidance from NXP experts to make the best decision for my project.

I appreciate any additional information you can provide on this topic. Your experience and insights would be invaluable in making an informed decision for my project!

Thank you again for your attention and support!

Best regards,

Odei

0 Kudos