Does the i.MX TMR have similar functionality to K22 FTM?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the i.MX TMR have similar functionality to K22 FTM?

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

The i.MX RT 1064 does not have the FTM found in the K22 series.

It appears that the TMR (quad timers) can perform a similar function to the FTM compare/output function.

Do I understand the TMR function correctly?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Keith Smith,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Do I understand the TMR function correctly?
-- Yes, you're right.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

I'm looking in the 2.6.1 iMX 1064 SDK. I found the QTMR driver, fls_qtmr.<c,h> and pwm examples, but nothing related to compare/output.

I have a suggestion. As someone upgrading from K22 to iMX, I would like to see, and I think others would too, an example of using the QTMR in the same manner as FTM compare/output. Perhaps an Appnote, as SDKs are slow to update.

This link is an example of issues upgrading to iMX from K22, looking for similar examples. https://community.nxp.com/message/1146859

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Keith Smith ,

Thanks for your suggestion and I'll report the suggestion in the next period of SDK field trial.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos